• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How to Plant correctly

Zachary1941

Seedling
Hi,
Today my plants should arrive approx 12 different species some rooted some stems..In my tank i have 3 to 4 Cm of jbl Aqua Basis + covered with 3 to 4 Cm of fine gravel .(Suitable for catfish) Need some advice..l What is the correct way to plant without making a right mess in the tank..Do i plant right into the Aqua Basis or just in the gravel..Also stems, How far into the substrate do i need to go with them? (20 amall fish in the tank) Regards Zac

I've not got experiance with your substrate and gravel, however, I would suggest that if possible you remove as much water as possible before a proper plant. Even take the fish out for a bit. That way, when your planting your hands don't get wet and if you disturb the substrate when damp, rather than when the tank is full, then it's easier to sort out.

When planting cut the roots to about 1 inch (2-3cm) so that it stimulates new growth.

Can you list the plants you have so we could be more specific with help?

Thanks for reply,
Will have the following.

ALTERNANTHERA REINECKII PINK
BACOPA AUSTRALIS
CABOMBA CAROLINANA
ECHINODORUS AQUARTICA
============ RED DIAMOND
============ ROSE
NESAEA PEDICELLATA
CERATOPHYLLUM DEMERSUM
HEMIANTHUS "CUBA"
ELEOCHARIS PARVULA
STAUROGYNE SP.

And a couple of plants i have asked to be send that they would recommend ..so dont know what they will be lol
Regard Zac

Back