• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How to scape a room divider?

mr. luke

Im hoping for a new tank for christmas,
Its a jinlong tank that i will be stripping all of the equipment off and replacing it.
it is 6 foot long, 1.5 foot accross and 2 foot deep.
I really cant work out how to scape it so it is visually pleasing from both sides :(
tried out some compositions of rockwork today and i could fathom it out :(
bieng a room divider, it has one curved end and a flat end that will be against a wall.
any ideas?

it only has a deposit down but im friends with the owner so he let me try out some scapes when i went to help him move tanks in.
although im not suposed to know that im getting it :D
ill try tomorrow for a picture.

I think your best bet is an iwagumi. Have a look at The Green Machine's ten footer - that's viewable from both sides.

You could have stems at the end near the wall sloping down to an Iwagima out where it acts as a divider with focal rockwork. Could look amazing....

Island scape would work well, as you are effectively creating an island with your divider- white sand, gravel, landscape rock and wood. Or instead of the sand create an HC or hairgrass carpet using tom's dry start method.

Another alternative would be a triangular arrangement with the highest part next to the wall and both sides narrowing to the centre at the other end. Something like this, but reflected horizontally:
http://www.cau-aqua.net/index.php?optio ... ey=0&hit=1

Ah, the possibilities are endless...happy dreaming

it would indeed lol,
i was faffing around today and ive decided on a double island arangement, seeing as the tank is fairly narrow, one island looked out of praportion :(
need to figure out how to do it without focal points clashing though.
I was thinking one large island and one small (as in height) mainly planted with mosses, anubias and ferns with a small scattering of hairgrass?

Back