• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How/Where did you hear about Ukaps.org?????

I think it popped up on google when I asked the question "is there a UK aquatic plant society" and low and behold there was :clap:

Used to have a tank many years ago. Gave up because I could not get plants to grow.
Now my daughter wants to set up a four footer and seeks my advice!
Stumbled on your site from a google browse.
If only I'd known this sort of info way back I might still have my tank.
Now intend to help her get it right (with your help).
I may even get another small tank of my own!

Bob

I met a few of the team manning a stand at the Haling island fish festival in 2008. I had a couple of posts on the committee of the BCA at the time so was busy with our stall at that event so did not get time to talk to anyone unfortunatly. I joined the UKAPS forum about that time. Over the past 18 months I have lost some of my enjoyment in breeding cichlids and fancied a new chalange so I am starting to convert to planted tanks, maybe with a few apistogrammas or other dwarfs in there as well. :D
Rob

HI Graeme,
Guess I found about UKAPS by just looking up anything fish related on the web, till stumbled across it --1st class.
Regards Robert. :)

I read a casual reference to the site in a post on the Practical Fishkeeping forums.

Found via a google search and impressed by the look of the preview in the search results, but at that time I couldn't get on to the site (can't remember what the search was even for now!).

Ran my tank as a high tech planted tank 5 years ago, then stripped it back to low tech/low light. Recently gone back to higher tech by increasing light/adding CO2/fertilising again!

I appear to have registered a few years back... Found it in my bookmarks... Not sure how I first found it...

on another forum

from another member off ukaps wont say who as your not meant to post about forums on that forum if that makes any sence at all :crazy:

A friend pointed me in the right direction. This is a great forum with lots of really useful information, not really had much of a chance to post as I have found all the answers to the questions I have had so far.

I found this forum through a Google image search for planted aquariums, i saw the acrylic cube (as i was sad enough to be looking at building a Macquarium which is a mac SE/30 with an acrylic cube inside) and this caught my eye.

Cheers,

I got into planted tanks from Macariums too ;). They have a lot to answer for.

Hi,

I found this forum when Googling for "Aquarium Algae Problems", a great site and a mine of very useful information, I have read many very interesting and well informed threads, I havent needed to post yet as I have found all the information I was looking for and more but look forward to engaging in the lively discussion in the future.

Regards

George

2 x Juwel Rio 240's (With Algae!!)

Back