• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How/Where did you hear about Ukaps.org?????

Just got out of the hobby (as I started my degree) soon after talk of setting up a uk plant society was gaining momentum with george and a few others particularly on AE forum and barr report forum.

Tom Barr recommended it when he was answering a question I'd asked, and said this was a good group.

From just trawling the net looking for inspiration on scapes and information on set ups. Glad i did great site ! still trying to read through the huge amount of information on the fourms, great work keep it up.
Stu

I'm pretty sure I just typed in planted tank forum and stumbled upon it that way. Have been hoovering up information since. Bank balance not so happy. Been making purchases for what I have found out to be equipment deficiences I had.
Still on the ramp up. Algae to work on, but with the info here, I'm sure I'll get there.

Great forum

I bought a Fluval Venezia corner tank, and googled for ideas on aquascaping it. A journal of George's over at FishForums.net was the top hit. So then I googled George Farmer, and look where I ended up :)

Cheers
Alex.

ejek said:
I bought a Fluval Venezia corner tank, and googled for ideas on aquascaping it. A journal of George's over at FishForums.net was the top hit. So then I googled George Farmer, and look where I ended up :)

Cheers
Alex.

I think i was almost exactly the same as this!

Watched a tank setup at ADC London, with Jimmy from Green Machine and heard about it there.
As a newbie to this side of tank keeping, this forum is very helpful. Friendly bunch too.

(Cheers to Greg from ADC for the introduction and hot beer on Friday.)

Was talking to a work friend about fish keeping, and he told me about ukaps and I'm glad he did, I haven't looked back since, its been a great help. Thanks Paul. :D :thumbup:

Hi I stumbled across the site when I was researching planted tanks after over 25 years absence from the hobby, and it quickly became apparent that it is one of the best sites of its sort on the interweb.

Hi all.
Was at the Aquatics live show at the weekend of 19/20 th Nov 2011. Got talking about planted aquariums and the problems that I have. The guy gave me one of your flyers ukaps,org. Brilliant have spent ages reading up on what my problems are.
Keep up the good work. :D

Alan D Ball said:
Hi all.
Was at the Aquatics live show at the weekend of 19/20 th Nov 2011. Got talking about planted aquariums and the problems that I have. The guy gave me one of your flyers ukaps,org. Brilliant have spent ages reading up on what my problems are.
Keep up the good work. :D
Same as me, aquatics live! Amazing weekend.

Callum said:
Same as me, aquatics live! Amazing weekend.

Me too! had a great time in London. Loving this forum, so much useful info.....

I was researching aquascaping when setting up my first aquascape back in march 2011 and UKAPS came up a lot when searching etc and has been a good source of inspiration.

I have been researching a co2 system for a new tank I'm about to set up and found a link in a google search....

Great forum. Fantastic journals (brilliant idea for a forum some of the motor / car clubs could learn from this!)
and I found the info I was looking for!! What more could anybody ask for! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Back