• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How/Where did you hear about Ukaps.org?????

Googled planted aquariums, tropical fish tanks etc. Kept coming up with American forums, which is fine, but had hope to be able to share experiences with local fish geeks. So added ‘UK’ to my search term and this forum popped up.

No one I know has a proper tank, so this has become a great resource for me. Plus I can geek out over my tank and not get weird looks from my girlfriend... I guess new plants arent exciting to everyone... who would’ve guessed?

i just googled sites for ponds fish and plants. in the end the path led to hear. one way and another. great site. great people. lots of experience and knowledgeable people.
i have picked up some good tips for my pond.

Living water aquatics store in croydon,at a guess about 7 or 8 years ago....someone gonna tell me this forum hasent been running that long...lol
Has been running for 10 years ;) Love Living Waters!!!

Hi all,

Ive just been checking our members list, and we are up to nearly 300 members!!!

First I want to say thanks for every one joining Ukaps. I hope you are getting a lot from the experiance. We have so much more in
the pipe line to offer, so stick with us!

It got me thinking.

Im interested in finding out how so many people have heard about Ukaps.org. Could you enlighten me/us as to how you heard about us, and what your initial thoughts are?

Thanks again every one, we really apreciate you being here!

Cheers,
Graeme.

Hi all completed new to this hobby was put on to your group by the person i purchased some equipment from he is a member

Last edited by a moderator:
I found UKAPS while googling various questions I had :bookworm: The forum repeatedly came up, and seemed to have a more sensible and friendly vibe than some others did - just from what I saw. Every thread I saw through google was useful and a bit more professional/knowledgeable in nature than some others. Plus with some absolutely incredible scapes made by members here, I thought where better to learn from? :happy:

I came across this forum while researching algae problems. The 'conventional wisdom' of 'you've got to much nutrient xyz' never really made sense to me and then lo and behold UKAPS pops up with some scientifically backed up information proving otherwise. My algae issues are now drastically reduced and since the majority of the posts I was reading seemed to be from knowledgeable and helpful people it was a no-brainer to join up.

Hi, I heard about the site from George Farmer back in 2015 when he came to Leicester to do an aquascaping demo and yesterday one of your Moderators came into where I work and mentioned here as well, so I decided to join up. I am looking forward to doing a lot of reading.

Back