• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hydor Ario

zig

These look very interesting, stick a CO2 tube on there and you have a diffuser that you never have to bleach, and that can't be a bad thing.

www.aquatics-direct.co.uk/rangeViewer.asp?categoryID=102

www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~idProduct~HD01601.html

They are basically a turbo airpump that are designed to produce a mist as the spray, apparently they do not need cleaning so could be ideal as a CO2 diffuser.

They come in as multi coloured LED ones as well (gimmick) but you can get ordinary ones also.

Might be worth checking out as a new method for CO2 diffusion without the cleaning hassle.

Just another link here

www.seapets.co.uk/view-products/category/893.html

I mentioned this earlier in one of the threads no one stepped up though, If I had a bigger tank id use one but since I've only a 10 gallon I see no point.
they do look very promising though.

The Ario is virtually the same as the the Hydor co2 system, uses basically the same system, no reason why it wouldn't work, just replace the normal tubing with co2 tubing, job done

If anyone wants to try this and play I have 1 Hydor Ario 3 Aerator & 1 Hydor Ario Colour 2 Aerator can sell them on cheap :)

JOHNNY

ok Garuf didn't spot that, I seen mention of them on APC thats where I nicked the idea. I would say it would definitely work alright if you placed it directly under your spraybar or lilypipe to blow the bubbles around the tank.

Johnny maybe one of the UK based guys will take you up on that offer, it would make postage a lot cheaper,I might buy one on ebay myself as they are cheap enough.

Hard to know which one to buy for say a 40 gallon tank, would more or less flow be better from the pump? I might buy a number 2, cant imagine you would want lots of bubbles shooting upwards at a pace from the strongest pump.

Back