• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hydor CO2 System Reviews

Peter F

Has anyone had any experiences using a Hydor C02 kit. At present I am using a Hagen yeast reactor.
I require more CO2 for new 180 litre tank and the Hydor seems to fit the bill.
I am restricted to a throw away bottle as I am unable to get a CO2 refill locally.
You thoughts and comments on the product would be appreciated, from what I can see online it doesn't have a solenoid shut off valve
, please confirm? Not good when CO2 it at a premium!

Kindest Regards: Peter

Never used one before, but a 180l tank is a large tank to be using 74g disposable cannisters on. Maybe consider the D&D kit for the larger 500g disposable bottles (different thread size) or get the twin-guage 'exclusive' hydor reg which has an adapter for the larger disp. bottles.

Also solenoids can be had for about £21 + p&p on ebay.

Just wondering, how do you have so little space under such a big tank?

Neither of their 'pressurized' systems come with a solenoid.
For the money you'd be much better off with something like the D-D set.
The disposable canisters are far too small for a 180L tank and the reg that would be compatible with larger, refillable canisters is really flimsy - I wouldn't like to use it with a FE or something large, but that's just me. :?

dsandson said:
Never used one before, but a 180l tank is a large tank to be using 74g disposable cannisters on. Maybe consider the D&D kit for the larger 500g disposable bottles (different thread size) or get the twin-guage 'exclusive' hydor reg which has an adapter for the larger disp. bottles.

Also solenoids can be had for about £21 + p&p on ebay.

Just wondering, how do you have so little space under such a big tank?

I have the room under the tank, the refill is the problem, anything I buy has to be mail order!

Regards: Peter

Back