• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hydor heater question

tim

Hi does anyone know if there is a way to fit the 300w hydor to 12/16 filter tubing without leaks reason being I have a 90cm optiwhite that I will be running with two cristalprofi filters but would like not to have two heaters or does anyone think the 200w would be ok for a 180 ltr tank any help appreciated

You can get those adapters that change the pipe fittings. I used the same on my jbl filters. The either increase or decrease the sizes. For the life of me I can't remember the name of them.

tim said:
Hi does anyone know if there is a way to fit the 300w hydor to 12/16 filter tubing without leaks reason being I have a 90cm optiwhite that I will be running with two cristalprofi filters but would like not to have two heaters or does anyone think the 200w would be ok for a 180 ltr tank any help appreciated
Hi Tim
Why do you think you will have a leak :?:
I've had the Hydor in line heater installed previously never got any leaks.
hoggie

tim said:
Thanks guys @ hoggie never used one before mate and didn't think about an adaptor thanks for the link mate easier than I thought :thumbup:

Hey Tim, Very unlikely that you will get a leak. The 200w would be fine for that tank in any case though.

tim said:
Cheers Chris looking online suggested 100 ltr tank for the 200 w model should be sorting out the 300 w and adapters this week :thumbup:

Basing my observation on the fact that my Eheim 2173 runs my other tank (175L) more than adequately, and is 210W. But its always good to be over rather than under. (I also always keep a spare heater in case of failure).

Back