• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hydor Koralia Nano

PedroB

Hi all,

I've wanted to add a wavemaker to my 80cm tank and wanted something small and unintrusive so was thinking of a Koralia Nano.

The problem is that I can hardly find any in UK shops, and when I do, they are £50+

I've got a cheap All Pond Solutions one for now but it's big and cumbersome.

Does anyone know if Hydor has stopped selling in the UK?

From what I can gather (the information out there is sketchy) Hydor was bought out by Feplast Spa earlier this year following a troubled period of trading, which included them being dragged through the Italian courts. Apparently production stopped in January this year.

Ferplast seem to be of the view they'll keep the Hydor brand going but suspect with what's happened regards covid over the last 18 months and add brexit into the mix its making the supply line to the UK a tad difficult at the minute.

Thank you, I suspected it had something to do with brexit, but being bought by a different company really explains it.

Do you have any suggestions for a good and small wavemaker similar to the koralia nano?

Not sure about the size comparison but I use the jebao wm-5 on a 240l tank and my son uses it on a 80l tank. Its been running 8 months and I'm impressed with it. Edit: these also look hard to source but you can still get the sw 2 which as identical flow rates.

I've tried the sicce voyager nano and wasn't that keen on it, the build seemed flimsy and it started to lose power after about two weeks.

The ai nero 3 is lauded on this site but it comes with a heafty price tag.

Last edited:
Back