• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hydra removal

aliclarke86

In the last few days I have noticed a fairly large amount of these little fellows on me glass..

a2y8ejun.jpg

Does anyone have any tip for removal??

I can only assume they have come in on some plants I recently got from s fellow member as I had not seen them before.

I have a fair amount of shrimplets swimming about (just arrived) and don't want to see them become tentacle fodder.

Ali

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That seems like alot? I'm not doughting you I'm sure I have seen similar info for ridding planeria but I use fenbendazole to worm horses... is there any way this will hurt any of my shrimp??

I used 1ml per 50 litres of the 10% oral solution and had no noticeable shrimp casualties, but that was treating both planaria and hydra. Hydra seem much more sensitive to it, so you could probably try a lower dose (Paulo had success with 1ml per 100 litres). Remove any carbon/purigen before hand.

Cool i am currently walking in the rain to the pet store :D

Thanks Darrel I'm standing here looking at granules and wondering if they would be ok

OK so the only thing I could get was Fenbendazole crystals.. they come in 3g pouches.. now it is math time ha

Right. I'm slightly worried about adding this to my tank. Out of the 3g only 666mg is Fenbendazole. Is there a risk that the other ingredients would harm shrimp? I have diluted one 3g sachet in 300ml of water and when I shook it up it has created a foam.

Any one have any experience here?

Its also turned the water white...

Right. I'm slightly worried about adding this to my tank. Out of the 3g only 666mg is Fenbendazole. Is there a risk that the other ingredients would harm shrimp? I have diluted one 3g sachet in 300ml of water and when I shook it up it has created a foam.

Any one have any experience here?

Sounds like impending doom :nailbiting:

It really does :mad: not sure weather to continue now, although I have really found any info saying that it has not worked in any instance

Hi all,
Fenbendazole crystals
That's the one. Panacur is 22% Fenbendazole and 666mg in 3000mg (3g) = ........22%. So dosing is still 0.1g in 10 gallons.

You have a stock solution of 3g in 300ml = 1g in 100cm3 = 10g in 1 litre. There are ~ 4.5litres in a gallon, so that makes 45g in 1 gallon and 450g in 10 gallon. Meaning you need to use a very small volume of your solution.
Your solution is 4500 times stronger than you need.

If you work from 1g in 100cm3, that is 0.1g in 10cm3 and 10cm3 of your solution would treat 10 gallons of tank water.

cheers Darrel

Hi all, That's the one. Panacur is 22% Fenbendazole and 666mg in 3000mg (3g) = ........22%. So dosing is still 0.1g in 10 gallons.

You have a stock solution of 3g in 300ml = 1g in 100cm3 = 10g in 1 litre. There are ~ 4.5litres in a gallon, so that makes 45g in 1 gallon and 450g in 10 gallon. Meaning you need to use a very small volume of your solution.
Your solution is 4500 times stronger than you need.

If you work from 1g in 100cm3, that is 0.1g in 10cm3 and 10cm3 of your solution would treat 10 gallons of tank water.

cheers Darrel

#Headspin

10ml it is then just to err on the side or caution. My tank is roughly 12 gallons by my calculation plus hard scape and substrate should bring it down a fair amount

You've got me concerned here Ali, not seen any in my tank ever so I do hope the moss is not the culprit, wouldn't want to bring dread on any other member.

No no nothing to do with your moss probably to be fair is just my laps in maintenance over the last month. I'm planning a rescape so its kinda been left to its self

Back