• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hygrophila corymbosa "Compact"

From what I've read it's exactly the same as all other hygropholia's in the sense that it is extremely hardy and a useful "canary in a cage" plant. The only exception being it likes slightly higher light levels that standard Hygro.

Yes, and it doesn't stay compact for very long in a well fed tank so you do have to prune it. On the other hand it might live up to it's billing in a mid-low light environment though. The plant looks gorgeous in the emmersed form but goes from elegant swan to ugly duckling (at least under high lighting it does). Staurogyne might be a better way to go since it's leaves get smaller whereas corymbosa's leaves get much larger.

Cheers,

ceg4048 said:
The plant looks gorgeous in the emmersed form but goes from elegant swan to ugly duckling (at least under high lighting it does).

Cheers,

You`ve got that right. I doubt I`ll ever bother with it again.

Dave.

Hi All,i have this plant in my setup and i can assure you after a period of about six weeks it goes from compact to very tall,i wouldnt bother with it again but i sure aint gonna bin it :lol: regards john.

Back