Hygrophila difformis

Bufo Bill

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2009
Messages
114
Location
Wolverhampton
What sort of light intensity (WPG) is needed to grow H. difformis? Are there any hints or tips people can give about growing this plant? All help greatfully received.
Many thanks from Bill.
 
Joined
21 Feb 2009
Messages
333
Location
stroud, glos
i believe it will grow fine in a low light non co2 tank, under higher light however the plant leaves will grow to be much finer and more "delicate"
 

Bufo Bill

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2009
Messages
114
Location
Wolverhampton
Cheers mate, good to know...always planning a new set up, but never have the cash on hand, so having to wait for crimbo and birthdays for handouts...sound familiar anyone?

I have a dream...that one day, little black neons and little green neons, will play together and grow up in an opti white cube aquarium...

Hhmm...have to cut down my pepsi intake, went a little weird there for a sec... :lol:

All the best from Bill. :D
 

aaronnorth

Member
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
3,953
Location
worksop, nottinghamshire
Bufo Bill said:
Cheers mate, good to know...always planning a new set up, but never have the cash on hand, so having to wait for crimbo and birthdays for handouts...sound familiar anyone?

I have a dream...that one day, little black neons and little green neons, will play together and grow up in an opti white cube aquarium...

Hhmm...have to cut down my pepsi intake, went a little weird there for a sec... :lol:

All the best from Bill. :D
haha, i is always useful if you have a tank & equipment to sell, i would of never of got my 216l without selling off my 60l... and also from Christmas money and leftover holiday & birthday money!
 

Bufo Bill

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2009
Messages
114
Location
Wolverhampton
aaronnorth said:
haha, i is always useful if you have a tank & equipment to sell, i would of never of got my 216l without selling off my 60l... and also from Christmas money and leftover holiday & birthday money!
SELL MY TANKS? now that's just crazy talk! Hadn't thought of holiday money. Thinks: now which relatives would be stupid enough to give a twenty nine year old who never goes away holiday money?

COMING SOON TO A POLLING BOOTH NEAR YOU: BILL: EVIL, MANIPULATIVE OR JUST SAD. YOU DECIDE!!!

All the best from Bill.
 

aaronnorth

Member
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
3,953
Location
worksop, nottinghamshire
Bufo Bill said:
aaronnorth said:
haha, i is always useful if you have a tank & equipment to sell, i would of never of got my 216l without selling off my 60l... and also from Christmas money and leftover holiday & birthday money!
SELL MY TANKS? now that's just crazy talk! Hadn't thought of holiday money. Thinks: now which relatives would be stupid enough to give a twenty nine year old who never goes away holiday money?

COMING SOON TO A POLLING BOOTH NEAR YOU: BILL: EVIL, MANIPULATIVE OR JUST SAD. YOU DECIDE!!!

All the best from Bill.
lol, im 16 so i'm good up to yet :D
 
Joined
21 Feb 2009
Messages
333
Location
stroud, glos
oh yeah, just remembered.
they have a large juwel vision at my lfs (aqua jardin, near gloucester) it has 5xt5 running 10 hours a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the hygro just stays low and grows along the substrate, looks gorgeous!
as does the rest of the tank!
 

Bufo Bill

Member
Joined
5 Feb 2009
Messages
114
Location
Wolverhampton
baron von bubba said:
oh yeah, just remembered.
they have a large juwel vision at my lfs (aqua jardin, near gloucester) it has 5xt5 running 10 hours a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the hygro just stays low and grows along the substrate, looks gorgeous!
as does the rest of the tank!
Wow, sounds amazing, but very unusual. I'd never heard of it growing so low but then again, I have never seen a tank with that much light on it.

Aaron, you come here flaunting your youth and wealth and lovely aquariums...jealousy does not begin to describe it.

I must away and calm my fevered brow, insecurity really takes it out of you...

All the best from Bill.
 
Top