• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

hygrophila pinnatifida Care

Blueskiesdz

I have a number of hygrophila pinnatifida and they all have black spots on their leaves. Is this down to a nutrient deficiency or toxicity ? I'm been EI dosing for 2 weeks and these black dots have appeared in the last 4/5 days. I'm confused as I've read it can be either a deficiency or too much nutrients ! Or maybe co2 deficiency ??

Any help as I don't want increase EI and make it worse or vice versa !

Thanks as ever

Hygro pinnatifida. The bane of my existence. Is yours planted in soil or attached to hardscape?

The hygro are planted and im quite sure it's not algae as the black spots then become holes.

Yes I think it's co2 as Ceg said and the problems have probably started since I've been using it via an inline diffuser through the filter. I've now used a diffuser in the tank next to a power head and the drop checker is lime green and the plants are pearling. This hasn't occurred whilst I was using the inline unit. I'm amazed how quickly the plants deteoriate ! I'm hoping with the EI dosing and the correct co2 the plants will be healthy again.

Back