• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hygrophila polysperma Rosanervig

Hi
I planted about 10 bunches worth of this plant about 10 days ago and other than the new growth being green rather than red i seems to be growing well. The only problem is it is loosing a lot of the lower leaves, they are coming free of the stem and getting pushed round the tank and clogging up some of my other plants, is this normal for this plant in the first few days or so or is there something up? i dose EI and pressurized CO2

cheers

Same as the cause of my algae then! Let's hope the algae fix works on the plant too, I will say though, it's the only plant that's have this issue!

Hi Mark

I had the same problem but new leaves are forming where the old ones dropped off. Be sure to check whether the rotting leaves are emersive or submersive, the plants might be in transition.

Cheers,
Gilles

Have experienced exactly the same problem with Rosanervig! I`ve found it`s the most finicky of all the Hygro species. And believe me I`ve tried most! :lol:

I want to try again with this though as the colour variation compared to that of Polysperma is very nice. My LFS has it in quite frequently so I will grab some next time I`m in. I will subscribe to this thread to see if you get any good advice that I can share. :thumbup:

I've grown a lot of this plant and found it to be one of the easiest to grow. I think a lot depends on the quality of the plant material you start with. I just recently started growing plants again and the ones I aquired this time seem to have the habit of growing horizontally and the virus that causes the pale veins doesn't seem very stable. Just my observations

is it is loosing a lot of the lower leaves, they are coming free of the stem and getting pushed round the tank and clogging up some of my other plants, ... i dose EI and pressurized CO2

cheers
Lack of oxygen is a very common cause of leaf dropping.
Also nutrient imbalance affecting K or Mg. Low Mg in relation to K seems to be inherent to EI.

Back