• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I cannot believe my eyes UKAPS!

Sofia

Seedling
Been a while since I've been on here and my my how much has it grown!!! No doubt through a lot of hard work by members. Well done!

Like I said not had a fish tank for a year now after my much loved 4 ft tank cracked in a house move :( I got all depressed and gave up fish keeping, I put my heart and soul into that tank. Here's an early pic, (you can tell by the algae busting elodea densa lol) I unfortunately didn't take many pictures of it which I totally regret.

tank3.jpg

It eventually became an amazon sword planted tank with that floating plant thing which grew like hell fire!

Anywhoo....Got myself a 90 litre tank now and I want to add a simple CO2 method to slowly and cheaply introduce myself into serious plant keepage, I'm thinking along the lines of the George Farmer Nutrafin yeast-based CO2 unit to start me off. A lot of things have changed in the fish/plant keeping world in a year so just wondering if this is still as viable and tried and tested as it was back in '07.

When I bought my tank (totally on whim) I bought some 'Sera Floredepot Gravel Substrate Plant Growth Promoter' stuck it in the tank and put a layer of 'Dennerle crystal quartz gravel' on top. I have never used either I have always used sand so hopefully they work out.

Look forward to showing you my beautifully planted tank in the next few months but all I can offer now is a shot of a cycling tank with some substrate and water in ha!

IMAG0224.jpg

Welcome back :D (I didn't know you the 1st time but heeeeeeeeey :D haha)

I like that 4footer you had, very nice, the new tank looks smart too is it a fluval?

The yeast co2 that George used involved 2 bottles rotating them every 7 days to keep the mixture fresh and a decent consistent bubble count going, I'm sure if he see's this he will put the link on here for the mixture and routine. Do remember DIY co2 from a Fire extinguisher will be tons better, once set up yourll be able to leave it to do its thing for a good few months at least and won't have to mess around with mixing up yeast twice a week.

I'm sure that substrate will be fine, at 90litres your better of going EI method of ferts for the plants, there's a really good write up on this method in the 'articles' section at the top of the page, wrote by Clive.

I look forward to seeing your journal :D

Back