• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I don't understand why my bubble rate is changing

Aqua Hero

At first I thought it was a problem with the regulator but when I replaced it I still got the same issue. The bubble rate will decrease right after I increased it.

So I did a test with different bubble counters and check valves I had lying around. With all of the combinations I did, the bubble rate would stay constant

But the moment I connect it to my inline diffuser the bubble rate starts to decrease.

I have checked my inline fittings and I can't find a leak.

What exactly is the problem

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Is it the new style UP inline defuser that you can take apart? If so, I had one of those and I spent ages trying to work out why my bubble rate was changing, CO2Art even replaced the regulator. I still had problems with the new regulator, just my luck that the replacement one was part of the batch that would not hold working pressure. Eventually I ended up sending everything back, two regs, the bubble counter, needle valve, UP inline atomiser. I had not found leaks anywhere. CO2Art submerged it all in a bucket of water and discovered that the atomiser was leaking. I then went through the hassle that the reg was also faulty and they gave me their new developmental reg. I have now started using the old style UP inline that you can't take apart and it has been reliable.

That looks like the older style that does not come apart and allow you to remove the ceramic, which is what I am using now. I guess that style could still leak though. If everything works fine except when that is installed, that tends to suggest that is your issue. Someone else might chip in with some other suggestions, but if it was me I would be speaking to CO2 Supermarket and asking them to advise.

hmmmm i see. thank you. Also there is water in the actually diffuser. would that cause issues?

obvious question.Is the UP clean ?
I get water in mine too.
no the inline diffuser has not been cleaned but i wouldnt have thought that a dirty diffuser can cause the bubble rate to drop

I've had this happen too with an Up Aqua diffuser, but it was an in tank bazooka style one. At first I thought it was the regulator and went through several tests, talked with the regulator manufacturer, etc and came to realise it was the stupid diffuser back stuffing gas -- even though it had more than enough working pressure to push gas through it.

no the inline diffuser has not been cleaned but i wouldnt have thought that a dirty diffuser can cause the bubble rate to drop

I've not seen that happen, usually you just end up with bigger bubbles.

Hi
Needs to be run around 2 .15 to 3 bar working pressure to be effective!
I would check for a leak......put it on a longer piece of tubing/hose and submerged it in a glass vessel and run Co2 through it to check for minor leaks!
Cheers hoggie

I've had this happen too with an Up Aqua diffuser, but it was an in tank bazooka style one. At first I thought it was the regulator and went through several tests, talked with the regulator manufacturer, etc and came to realise it was the stupid diffuser back stuffing gas -- even though it had more than enough working pressure to push gas through it.

I've not seen that happen, usually you just end up with bigger bubbles.
I never had this issue with the intank version. This has only happened with the inline.

Hi everyone! I'm using the JBL in-line diffuser and it takes some patience and time to find the right setup; in my opinion the best way to do it is to open the CO2 valve not to much even if at first you won't see any bubbles coming in the diffuser; the pressure will build up and after about 24 hours the equilibrium will be reached and you will be able to set correctly the bubbles and it will stay that way

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

Hi everyone! I'm using the JBL in-line diffuser and it takes some patience and time to find the right setup; in my opinion the best way to do it is to open the CO2 valve not to much even if at first you won't see any bubbles coming in the diffuser; the pressure will build up and after about 24 hours the equilibrium will be reached and you will be able to set correctly the bubbles and it will stay that way

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk
The issue is that this problem started only recently. So building pressure and being patient isn't the issue.

I'm switching to my intank bazooka. But I will test the inline diffuser with my spare regulator and co2 tank

First hand experience.
Co2 system up and running for several months.
Nothing played with ,but the bps which had been stable for the whole time started to drop.
Checked everything, Upped the working pressure,all to no avail.
Cleaned the UP line,problem solved.
The build quality of these things seems so random what harm can it do,apart using up some bleach?

Is it the new style UP inline defuser that you can take apart? If so, I had one of those and I spent ages trying to work out why my bubble rate was changing, CO2Art even replaced the regulator. I still had problems with the new regulator, just my luck that the replacement one was part of the batch that would not hold working pressure. Eventually I ended up sending everything back, two regs, the bubble counter, needle valve, UP inline atomiser. I had not found leaks anywhere. CO2Art submerged it all in a bucket of water and discovered that the atomiser was leaking. I then went through the hassle that the reg was also faulty and they gave me their new developmental reg. I have now started using the old style UP inline that you can't take apart and it has been reliable.
Wow they submerged the whole rig!? I won't be game for this one. This one is for grown ups!

First hand experience.
Co2 system up and running for several months.
Nothing played with ,but the bps which had been stable for the whole time started to drop.
Checked everything, Upped the working pressure,all to no avail.
Cleaned the UP line,problem solved.
The build quality of these things seems so random what harm can it do,apart using up some bleach?

Alright I see. Right now I got my bazooka running.

I will clean the inline when I do a WC.

Wow they submerged the whole rig!? I won't be game for this one. This one is for grown ups!

They said they submerged in a bucket, thats as much as I know. I have seen this done online, but obviously not on a set-up with a solenoid. I wouldn't be submerging electrics!

They said they submerged in a bucket, thats as much as I know. I have seen this done online, but obviously not on a set-up with a solenoid. I wouldn't be submerging electrics!
I see what you mean.... hmmm... for some setups it would be tricky as it's all in one.

ive got the same inline diffuser and top quality co2 art regs, 2 things with mine:

- it fills with water when the co2 is off, then pushes the water out as soon as the co2 comes on, not a problem
- if i put a 2kg fire extinguisher on it i get a poor bubble count, but if i put a 3kg proper cylinder on it i get a good bubble count...

ive got the same inline diffuser and top quality co2 art regs, 2 things with mine:

- it fills with water when the co2 is off, then pushes the water out as soon as the co2 comes on, not a problem
- if i put a 2kg fire extinguisher on it i get a poor bubble count, but if i put a 3kg proper cylinder on it i get a good bubble count...

Well I had it runny for a month with a nice bubble count on my 2kg FE.

I'm pretty sure the issue is that it's dirty

Back