• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I give up on Glass

Krishs Bettas

I have tried all glass (cheap ebay ones), not enough water agitation, glass outlet and plastic inlet, still no surface agitation.
So my last attempt is going to fully plastic.
Has anyone noticed this and do they have a vidieo of what good surface agitation looks like?

Unless I put my lily pipe half way in/out of the water I didn't get anything at all either, they're not designed to give much really.

In the end the Koralia I just added has been the best thing to improve surface movement to reduce/remove the film build up I have nearly always had.

I just swapped from glass to plastic and the difference in flow is remarkable. Its not a large tank, but the surface has gone from millpond to force 4 gale. Well worth it. Glass looks nice, but if that's at the detriment of the plants and good growth, it ain't worth it in my book.

Sam

Themuleous said:
I just swapped from glass to plastic and the difference in flow is remarkable. Its not a large tank, but the surface has gone from millpond to force 4 gale. Well worth it. Glass looks nice, but if that's at the detriment of the plants and good growth, it ain't worth it in my book.

Sam

Seconded. I've said for a long time we need some clear plastic versions of the modular outlets you see.

Glass has a nasty habit of shattering, I don't remember ever dropping a bottle of coke and having it turn to dust. ;)

Back