• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I know George Farmer but nowt bout fish can someone help me

tom the fish

Seedling
:D i'm trapped in the desert with George and I haven't a clue about fish, last one i had died and me mum flushed it down the loo. i'd like to keep fish, especially the ones that glow in the dark and some red shrimp, but they are expensive aren't they? George says they're about five pound each. How many would i need to start breeding them, could be a nice little earner.

Hi & welcome to the forum :)

shrimps vary in price, you can get red cherry shrimp for about £1.50-£2.00. Or up to about £10 each for latest shrimp to the market 'sulawesi'.

Start off with at least 6-10, this gives you a good start to get a mixture of males and females. Research which shrimp you want as they all require dofferent conditions to breed, and sukawesi ned a ph of 7 or above just to survive.

I'm looking at getting a small tank that'd be easy to keep, to start with, any suggestions? Thanks for replying by the way.

Hi Tom,

welcome to the forum, and great name btw, so do you have a little tank setup in the desert. :lol:

But unfortunately there are no get rich quick schemes when it comes to fish and shrimp, the time and patience involved will out way any monetary outlay, trust me, i know, i spent £1200 on some catfish last year, and all they have done is eat, and get fat. :rolleyes: But they look great though.

Just a quick heads up, the glow in the dark fish, "glofish" are actually illegal in the uk and carry a £1200 fine and the destruction of the fish if you are caught with them.

Hi Tom, shrimp are great I setup a shrimp only tank and now thinking about my second, have a look at the link in my signature and take a look at my tank, just a cheap Juwel Rekord a few rocks and twigs that I picked up in the park while walking the dog and just plent of mosses ;) good luck

Back