I Love My Job!

Discussion in 'General Planted Tank Discussions' started by Superman, 30 Oct 2009.

1. Superman

Superman Member

So, I've left the employment of some company today to take on a new role somewhere else.
    I always go on about my aquariums to them and also show them photos of people's tanks on here.
    As is the custom, they got me a leaving present. I was really pleased that they did some digging and found out that I wanted a Hydor ETH 200w, so that's what I got.
    They heard that I was complaining that my nano didn't have a heater so asked me questions in the lead up to me leaving to see what I wanted.

I'm really chuffed and sad at the same time. :wideyed:

2. George Farmer

George Farmer Founder Staff Member

Nice one, Clark.

Did you work with mostly females by any chance? They tend to put more effort into these sorts of things.

When I moved location the lads bought me a load plastic plants and tacky decor!

3. Superman

Superman Member

There's a few ladies in the office, but mainly men.
    I think they're kind enough to actually listen, although I do get the mick taken out of me about reading PFK on lunch breaks!!

4. George Farmer

George Farmer Founder Staff Member

Imagine the stick I get!! :lol:

5. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Nice one, always nice to know you've been appreciated and that people are willing to make the effort :)

Sam

PS - thats the new job?

PPS - I get the mick taken out of me too ;) but Ive already had one guy ask me to scape his tank when he gets one.

6. Superman

Superman Member

I'm working at another bank but am a department manager of analytics and reporting of Credit Risk at the head office now.

7. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Congrats Clark! :) :thumbup:

8. Superman

Superman Member

Cheers Steve, first day went well. Although my super-temporary hire car/bus is a Renault Grand Scenic!! It makes me look even smaller.

9. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Haha!

I have a mate at work who is about to buy one of these at a bargain price from his GF's parents. I keep winding him up, asking when he's getting the child seats fitted! :lol:

10. sgl101

sgl101 Member

Good luck in the new job

11. Superman

Superman Member

Cheers everything's going well. Had a day out in Bournemouth yesterday!
    As you no doubt can tell, I don't have that much chance to get on the forum :thumbdown: