• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I love my part-time job...

:wideyed: Not sure what you mean :oops:

Looking forward to that issue coming through my letterbox... And also being able to ask questions about it... Unless we can do that now?

So what happened to the plants? Were they just delayed in the post?

When used in a colloquial sense, someone being "filled in" means they're getting beaten up, I lol'd at it.

Hi Lisa -

Tropica plants turned up yesterday, delayed in France.

I'm sure I can put them to good use though...

You can ask away after publishing. ;)

The tank is running for the week with CO2 and light etc. all week. Dosing ADA Step 1 and Brighty K daily, as per instructions. 8 hour photoperiod on a timer that hopefully won't be tampered with. I set it on to come on overnight, so not to affect regualar photo shoots in the studio during the week.

Jeremy had me going at one point telling me that all the plants had crashed and the water was cloudy... It's really ok though. Fingers crossed it's still ok this Friday for the final shoot with fish etc. I've chosen the fish already too.

Gotta dash, another re-scape to do in my 80cm, plants to add to my 120cm and water change in my 30cm...

I love my part-time job... :D

fill Graeme in, who me? He's made of far more manly stuff than I!
I Believe it was you George who didcribed me as "like a man but smaller" I love being friends with you LOL
I can't say I love my part time job but I can say I love being friends with those who do.
What a day!

ADA ferts? Step away from the norm for you George!

You get to keep the plants? Cheeky get :twisted:

My LFS that I wouked at used to sell tatty tropica plants for £2.60 each but now changed to a cheaper supplier with no labels - blast! Also had plants I'd never seem before...

Lisa_Perry75 said:
ADA ferts? Step away from the norm for you George!

You get to keep the plants? Cheeky get :twisted:

My LFS that I wouked at used to sell tatty tropica plants for £2.60 each but now changed to a cheaper supplier with no labels - blast! Also had plants I'd never seem before...

Yes, full ADA line on this little baby, except glassware. I understand the German manufacturer also supplies ADA with the opti-white aquariums. It's really neat.

It will be interesting to see how the public react when they see the feature.

The UK planted tank hobby has progressed an amazing amount in the last 12 months and I think the readers are ready for this...

George Farmer said:
The UK planted tank hobby has progressed an amazing amount in the last 12 months and I think the readers are ready for this...

Yeah!...and it's all your fault :lol:

Seriously tho' all you guys running UKAPS, PFK and everyone who participates in this forum deserves a round of applause for the way they have all helped, in their own way, to push our beloved hobby forward :D :D :D

Keep it rolling on guys :D

TDI-line said:
Lisa_Perry75 said:
George described me as small too... I don't remember him being of such huge proportions either!

Now let's keep this thread clean. :rolleyes:

I meant in a purely vertical sense then!

Yes I am definately looking forward to that issue. I am so glad I let you talk me into buying a subscription George!!! 12 issues for £30 plus a Grumpy old fishkeeper t-shirt nice one!

I'm waiting for a decent subscription offer, I got a free pair of skate shoes from one magazine by waiting.
I'm hoping for a fish tank or a filter, maybe a voucher for some aquasoil, something that will offset the cost of another tank.

Yeah I know! sod's law I missed out on it, I wasn't into fish then though.
My local pet shop still stocks them, £45 though. :wideyed:
I'd like to get some planted stuff for a subscription, like I said some Aquasoil or something, I'd be setting up one of those reef nano's that are on ebay right now if that was the case or finally putting the goldfish outside so I can set up an iwagumi.

The final shoot went very well.

I left the tank for a week with CO2, lights etc. on timers, and PFK staff dosed ferts daily.

Growth was incredible for a week. No algae either.

I think you will all like the feature when it comes out in PFK, May issue. Neil's photography is superb.

The whole experience was a huge privilage. I am a jammy sod.

I got my PFK throught his morning and for some reason thought it was going to be this issue... Read like 90% before I realised!

Love the article this issue George!
Lisa

Back