• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I love my part-time job...

Do not forget to thank Aquaessentials.
You first need to get some of the ADA stuff ;)

Glad you folks are seeing the utility in richer sediments.

If you add both water column + sediment sources of nutrients, you 1+1 = 2.
You have more resiliency for the tank.
If you forget to dose, no big deal, the sediment can take up some slack.
If you have low enough light, the sediment alone can supply enough for long periods.
Fish waste contribute mo0re with less light as well.

I would suggest those that are using just plain old sand and EI, try Adding ADA As to the set up and see what results you get.
You likely only need about 1/2 EI if you have reasonable light also.
Or you can buy the Seachem ferts or ADA ferts, if you want to burn a hole in your pocket.
I still think TMG is better than ADA as far as traces.

Regards,
Tom Barr

plantbrain said:
Do not forget to thank Aquaessentials.
You first need to get some of the ADA stuff ;)

Aqua Essentials supplied everything, including ADA ferts and substrates...

Of course, Richard will be plugged as appropriate.

The feature will blow the readers away. I have preview images from the pro photographer. The quality rivals Amano. Although my 'scaping may not be quite so good...

Lisa_Perry75 said:
I got my PFK throught his morning and for some reason thought it was going to be this issue... Read like 90% before I realised!

Love the article this issue George!
Lisa

You're kidding. I've not started to write it up yet!

Thanks for the feedback. I'm excited about the Great Planted Tank series in particular. Peter's (zig) 60cm Mountainscape was a worthy opener indeed...

aaronnorth said:
Just looked at the scape george, it's great! I like the glosso and i think it would look better than if it had carpeted. :)

Aaron.

Thanks, Aaron.

The tank and same aquascape is doing well in my home right now.

After the shoot, Jeremy Gay and I managed to lift the entire tank, empty of water, but complete with plants etc. into the boot of my car, and covered to prevent the plants from drying out. As I only live a 20 minute drive away from the studio the transition was quite painless and I had the tank up and running again with the hour, complete with added fish.

I made some very minor alterations to the layout, namely swapping the glosso for a brand new plant from Tropica and more Pogostemon helferi, so I can't show it just yet. I also swapped the Cal-Aqua glassware for Flo pipes, as I prefer the surface agitation that these provide. And I upgraded the Aqua El external (650lph) to a Fluval 405 (1300lph). Much better!

I can highly recommend taking the plunge with opti-white/glassware/open-top/overtank lighting etc. if you are serious about presenting your aquascapes in the best possible way. Sure, it's not the cheapest option, but it's certainly worth saving for if budget is limited. This tank looks the business in my hallway and really impresses any visitors to my home, as Dan and Jeremy will confirm.

And finally another shameless plug for http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk who provided all the equipment for the feature.

I've got to say, after nipping round to George's house the other weekend, that this tank is amazing.

The quality of the whole tank and cabinet are 1st class, and the glass is stunning.

Oh, and the scape was just breath taking. Mr Amano should be worried about his UK competitors now. ;)

TDI-line said:
I've got to say, after nipping round to George's house the other weekend, that this tank is amazing.

The quality of the whole tank and cabinet are 1st class, and the glass is stunning.

Oh, and the scape was just breath taking. Mr Amano should be worried about his UK competitors now. ;)

Cheers, Dan. Cheque's in the post.... :lol:

George you said you've changed over the lilies and upped the filtration, I'm running a eheim 2224 on my tank and i've been suspecting that my circulation and filtration really could be better, what would you recommend? I'm only getting pearling in one end of the tank and then its baffling me as to why as I can see micro bubbles all over but the pearling is still only in one side, any ideas?

Garuf said:
George you said you've changed over the lilies and upped the filtration, I'm running a eheim 2224 on my tank and i've been suspecting that my circulation and filtration really could be better, what would you recommend? I'm only getting pearling in one end of the tank and then its baffling me as to why as I can see micro bubbles all over but the pearling is still only in one side, any ideas?

Experiment with different filter outlet and diffuser positions.

If that doesn't work then more flow is needed.

Back