• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I need help with Rosy Barb proof plants for a Lido 120 plea

20legend

Seedling
Hi everyone. I am in the process of scaping my Lido 120 (with T5's) which has been up and running for about 3 months now. It has Argos play sand as substrate, rounded granite cobbles and a couple of smallish pieces of bogwood as decor.

The existing plants that are in there are straight vallis, java moss, Cryptocoryne wendtii 'green', java fern, fountain grass and a young Nymphaea Tiger Lotus. No CO2, but i use Waterlife Tropiflora every 10 days as per dosing instructions.

The inhabitants are Harlequin Rasbora, Head and Tail light Tetra, Otto's, a bristle nose, Amano shrimps and most recently 2 pairs of Rosy Barbs.

Up to now i have not have any fish that like to munch on plants, but my most recent additions, the Rosy Barbs, are ripping strips off my Java moss which makes a real mess. I'm a little concerned that they will annoyingly destroy all of my moss, and then turn their attention elsewhere. Can anyone recommend any plants that are fairly straight forward to grow, robust enough to resist the barbs grazing on them, and hopefully may inject a little colour into the flora and fauna(other than more green)

A big thanks for any help, which will be most gratefully received :D

The only other plant I can think are the various forms of Anubias. It's more green I'm afraid but the texture is different - more leathery. Anything red is just going to be looked on as lollo rosso.

Back