• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I need new fish food

duyentb

Seedling
I need a new fish food for my corys, bristlenose plecos, siamese algae eaters, and mystery snails. The food I'm using now is breaking down almost as soon as it hits the water which means most of it went into the gravel. I put some small dinner plates to help this but the plecos are making the food come off of the plate with their tale when they swim away.
I'm looking for a food that
1. won't fall apart quickly.
2. will be good for all of the fish I listed.
3 won't cloud the water.
Do any of yall know of a food that will do the things I have listed? :):):)

what fish food have you been using.

I feed mine tetra pro colour and tetra pro algae, also feed algae wafers and some frozen daphnia and bloodworm.

none of that breaks up easy and my flow keeps most of the food rotating round the aquarium.

New life spectrum pellet food contain's the necessary nutrient's for fish mentioned IMHO, and breaks down more slowly.
Have yet to find any fishes that Won't eat it.
Check the ingredient's if interested.
Hikari sinking wafer's are also good food for bottom feeder's.
I keep longfinned albino bristlenose,farlowella,royal pleco,corydora's,and shrimp in addition to tetra's,fancy guppie's, and they all eat both food's with vigor.
I offer flake food as well, and Ocean nutrition with it's high protein by % help's with fast growth of the young fish.
I buy small container's so it is eaten long before it can expire.

Another vote for Hikari. My fish fight over the Hikari algae wafers but aren't fussed with other types such as Novo tabs. The micro pellets are good as they are tiny so can used sparingly. Frozen bloodworm too. I melt a block down in tank water and add a little bit at a time so they only get what they will eat. The remainder is covered and refrigerated and given to them later in the day.

Back