• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I think I have baby fish!

PM

Hi during some much needed maintenence this evening, I spotted this:
2502943679_1406123860_b.jpg

Are these fish eggs in the middle of the pic? I have black neons, rummy noses, ottos, and shrimp in my tank, so I don't know which they are?

What do I do if I want to like grow them? Do I have to act fast???

I have a 10 litre I can set up, exciting! :D :D

Hi,
You know, that looks like snail eggs. Do you have snails? It also looks like you might have BGA. Should probably review your dosing and maintenance.

Cheers,

Well, I'm not sure about the shrimp, but fish rarely lay their eggs within a gelatin substrate. Normally they would spray the eggs over a surface individually or they would be in a clutch.

There is no correlation between the change from tap-to-RO and the appearance of these algal forms. BGA means either poor maintenance or poor nitrate dosing. Other algae mean poor dosing of other things.

Good luck with your exams mate! :D

Cheers,

That looks 100% like snail eggs to me. It's definitely not shrimp eggs as shrimp tend to hold on to their eggs. and as clive mentioned, fish eggs tend to be scattered around randomly, not in clumps.

Back