• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I think I know the answer to my new tank question but...

bare bottom

I'm coming back to the planted fold and just need the voices of reason to confirm what I think i already know.

I love the look of the Aquaone Aquanano 80/130 with the built in filter, light etc for convenience for a low tech setup. So about 130L ish
However, in the loft I have the equipment from my previous tank. ex1200 canister (spray bar), hydor heater, inline Co2 reactor (although I will be going low tech), FE reg, drop checker etc.
As much as I would love the convenience of the Aquanano I cant help but think to get the cabinet we like for the 80/130 and just buy a tank, light unit separately?
the Nacd tanks seem to crop up a bit but no idea where the hobby is with lights?

I had sand substrate before but with little people managed to scratch the glass and it looked bad so I was thinking akadama and dry ferts as I dont think i want to mess with soil and a topping as i'm in no rush to grow fast although I like the idea of immersed start with perhaps a blast of CO2 before dialling back so open to ideas

The tank would only be viewed from the front and one side as in a corner so the scape would be designed for that which I would use the journals for to get some ideas.

Any other thoughts out there?

Cheers

Jez

AIO kits are usually good value for the money IF you don’t start swapping out bits or adding lighting, filters etc

Aqua One doesn't retail in my country so I’ve no direct experience, but reading online it seems not the most consistent in quality (I’d go Juwel, Eheim, Evolution Aqua, Oase etc)

If you’re undecided about which direction, maybe plan a day trip to Aquarium Gardens (or Scaped Nature for George Farmer Aquascaping Event April 20 https://www.facebook.com/ScapedNature/ - last event shop had on great offers) ;)

Take a look through the ukaps sale forum - few tank options there

Back