• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I Want A Nano!?

mattyc

I have been looking around and have decided that i want a Nano planted tank for my desk. i was going to get an all one tank but thinking about it i have got a light. all i need is a tank and a filter. i think i will go with a moss onley tank with some shrimp from my main tank or i might get some filter feeders. has anyone got any ideas of where to start?

There are several "plug and play" nano's on the market, dennerle do a good one, and so do superfish, but what i would do is see if you can find the tank size you want, just the glass, and then decide on lighting, there are some good clip on lights or luiminares for 1 foot tanks that can be found on ebay, aswell as a 45cm arcadia one, next it would be best to decide on what type of setup and how techy you want to take it, for example i have brought pressurised co2 for my nano, and for me its worth it, but i can understand that in a desk situation there might not be much room for things like that, so you could alternatively look at easycarbo or ae carbon. also another thing is filtration, is there no room for an external, you can get hobs or small internals in the "plug and play" sets.

there is room for an external, i have an arcadia arc pod 11W, and i was going with easy carbo and ferts! thanks for your reply i will look into your reccomendations. :D

Back