• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I wan't to set up a Wabi-Kusa

aaronnorth

i love article in PFK looks very simple and basically no maintenance seen as you let it grow to do it's own thing like nature so i though why not give it ago!

What i want to know is what is that moss in the article?
what is semi-emersed? is it when the roots are grown submersed and the leaves are grown emersed?
will i need to dose nutrients into the water?

Have a look at this page - http://aquascapedesign.pl/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=39

It's Piotr Suty's site and so it's in polish, but you should get the scientific names from the lists. I think it's Xmas Moss he has used.

Semi-emersed would be when the plants are rooted in substrate in the water section, but are growing above the surface. When I did my wabi's, I added the odd bit of ADA brighty K and Step 1 for the underwater plants but you could probably get away without ferts, depending what you wanted to grow. The substrate ball should be quite rich in nutrients and will probably leech into the water anyways.

Tom

Tom said:
Have a look at this page - http://aquascapedesign.pl/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=39

It's Piotr Suty's site and so it's in polish, but you should get the scientific names from the lists. I think it's Xmas Moss he has used.

Semi-emersed would be when the plants are rooted in substrate in the water section, but are growing above the surface. When I did my wabi's, I added the odd bit of ADA brighty K and Step 1 for the underwater plants but you could probably get away without ferts, depending what you wanted to grow. The substrate ball should be quite rich in nutrients and will probably leech into the water anyways.

Tom

Thanks, i will probobaly doing a small version like the size of a breakfast bowl, dont wanting to be spending to much money... although one thing leads to another as usual :rolleyes:

Back