• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ian's Lounge Tank (no name)

Ian Holdich

as some might have read, i have another baby on the way, and i know for a fact a rescape wouldn't be on the cards for at least another year. So i have decieded to go for it now...

as you see it's just the hardscape until my plants arrive tomorrow. Juwel internal removed and juwel backing removed. The hardscape constists of Seiryu stone and Sumatra wood. The substrate is the good old fave, JBL aquabasis+ and Monado. Can't wait to get it planted now!

brandnew1.jpg

brandnew2.jpg

comments and suggestions always welcome!

Thanks Tom, i will get my order tomorrow, it 'should' consist of...Anubias nana, some more HC 'cuba', various crypts, some crinums, java moss, dwarf hairgrass, Hemianthus micranthemoides, Pogostemon helferi and some different hygro (i can't remember the name!). I have planned it out, hopefully it'll work.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the hardscape needs to be larger... or the tank smaller. ;)
Good luck with the tank!

I agree JEK, nice but feel it's going to look even smaller once the plants are in. But I know the limitations on funds when baby is on the way so sometimes you have to work with what you have. A walk in the woods and along the beach or river may be in order ;)
Best of luck with everything.

Cheers guys!

I think it may be the angle of the pic as it doesn't look that small in real life!lol

It's all planted now, as my order arrived early,

you're gonna have to forgive the 'cloudy' water mark, the newspaper didn't cut it, after i knocked the hosepipe into the substrate lol!

All planted...5 hours later

waterin3.jpg

water in...(very slowly), it's still a bit cloudy, so i'll get some better pic tomorrow.

waterin2.jpg

I have tried to work with the symmetry of the tank this time around, rather than trying to make it look like a 'normal' tank.

cheers Russ...the HC is really difficult to plant in Manado, i did start with the smaller portions lol

I thought i'd better go through the fert regime...

C02 running at 2bps
Floranaxis 10 drops (daily)
Easylife Nitro 6mls
Easylife Phosfo 6mls
Easylife Profito 4mls

Here's some pics from tonight...

lounge4.jpg

lounge2.jpg

lounge3.jpg

I love these Crinums!

lounge1.jpg

sorry to OD the post, but heres a quick vid as well. lol

Congrats on the baby! Tank looks lovely - hope you don't suffer for shrinking wood syndrome (fnar fnar) when the plants grow in.
With a new baby on the way have you considered swapping onto EI dosing rather than the expensive ferts? SO much cheaper!
Cheers,
Matt (also just a dad for the second time!)

Thanks Matt! Hopefully when it does grow in you should just be able to see the branch's poking out. I will be swapping over to EI very soon!

and congrats on the second baby, hopefully you're getting sleep. That is what i'm not looking forward to 'again'.

another 8 Cardinals added today, this takes me up to 30 Cardinals. There will be no other fish added now (apart from a few more Oto's.

Here's a quick vid of the Cardinals.

a quick update, 40ltr water changes still being done daily. Fert regime is still the same, things seem to be growing well already...The HC is taking and sending off runners all over the place.

loungetank3.jpg

loungetank2.jpg

The Crinums are doing great, there is definite good growth in a under a week.

loungetank1.jpg

Great shape tank. Can't wait to see everything take off. I have the same rock, looks so good. Fully recommend using Easylife ferts. I'm adding 'easy-Ferro 1ml daily for the cuba, and this has made a big difference in growth.

Looks great!

Stu

Looking great, you're HC looks very heathly long may it stay that way coz it will look really nice in a couple of weeks

I'm adding 'easy-Ferro 1ml daily for the cuba, and this has made a big difference in growth.

Thanks Stu, i haven't bothered with Fe as i'm dosing a small amount of Profito daily which contains Fe, I will bare that in mind though as there has been other people have good results with HC and Fe.

Looking good Ian, HC seems to be starting to carpet

Thanks Sams, i was a bit worried that it wouldn't take off in this tank, due to it's depth. Fingers crossed!

Looking great, you're HC looks very heathly long may it stay that way coz it will look really nice in a couple of weeks

Cheers Mrmickey, the HC has only been in a week, so i'm hoping it will remain (as above)lol

looks great, and is going to mature beuatifully

Thanks Gill! hope you had a good time in India mate!

6 days of growth, just checking how the HC is getting on...

12th March
top.jpg

18th March
18th311.jpg

and the obligatory 'tank in room' shot.

18th3112.jpg

I might get the camcorder out later. lol.

Back