• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ian's Lounge Tank (no name)

Heres a quick update...

24th HC coverage

24thtank1.jpg

some lilaeopsis novae added and Crinums moved out (even though i liked them, they took to much room for such a small leaved plant)

24thtank2.jpg

The Hygrophila is doing really well.

24thtank3.jpg

Right side view

24thtank4.jpg

Left sided view

24thtank5.jpg

Water changes are now down to once every 2 days. Things appear to be coming on nicely. Some Black bumble bee shrimp have also been added.

I have added a few Cherry Barbs, just for a little different colour.

heres a few updated pics...

Barb!!
29th2.jpg

The carpet is coming on nicly.
29th1.jpg

The Hygro is filling out!
29th4.jpg

Full tank
29th3.jpg

You are definatly doing something right it's looking fab.

Plant growth seems very heathy and anyone would be happy with you hc.

Are you directing the flow right down at it ?

thanks Mrmikey for the kind comment. I am directing the flow right down at the Hc now, i wasn't and it started to grow a little upright. It appears now to be settling and carpeting a lot better.

just a small update...

18th March
18th311.jpg

24th March
24thtank1.jpg

4th April
hcapril4th.jpg

and 'Dad' can i help with the water change??

olivertank.jpg

here's a quick vid...mainly of the occupants, new and old ;)

ignore the snoring dog!

Nice video, the tank is looking great, not everyone can pull off a corner scape, loving it :)
You should trim that HC though, clumps are just to large, will encourage it to spread too.

Hi Ian, Just to follow on from what Paulo says above, corner tanks are a hard ask to get right, but you've pulled it off well mate, the illusion of depth looks great, nice choice of plants too. They all look really healthy with good growth. :)

thanks guys!!

I have trimmed the Hc and its still spreading nicely, thanks to some advise from LD!

here a couple of pics
Lileopsis is starting to spread out nicely
trim2.jpg

Pogostemon is starting to get leggy
trim3.jpg

Full tank
trim1.jpg

ianho said:
I have trimmed the Hc and its still spreading nicely, thanks to some advise from LD!
Glad its also working for you Ian ;) its looking much better now, tank coming along nicely :) congrats

thanks Viper, it's a Koralia 1, it does 1500lph. They are very good pumps, rather than sending a jet of water they push a body of water.

a quick vid from tonight.

thanks LD!!

got some decent pic of the Hc Cuba pearling tonight. Whilst taking the pics i came across a baby shrimp.

pearlhc1.jpg

pearlhc3.jpg

pearlhc2.jpg

That last shot is classy,

Really like how this tanks turning out, in the 1st unplanted pics I thought 'pleease do a huge hc foreground' haha then seeing it planted I was very please...sliped 3pages and its nearly fully grown in :)

Oh and yes planting HC in manado is horrific!

Top tank mate

Thanks a lot Nayr!

boredom tonight!

a few close ups.

Honey Gourami
bday1.jpg

lobelia cardinalis
bday2.jpg

Crypt
bday3.jpg

Hi Ian,the HC carpet looks uber healthy,is your pinafitida turning red yet ?

good work

john.

Back