• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

IAPLC 2009

zig

Nice shiney new website, giving plenty of advance notice for next years competition (no excuses now ;) )

http://en.iaplc.com/

I have my entry ready, just a little trim here and there and should be sorted, take the snap ;)

No pressure on anyone else like!!! its still 2008 so plenty of time :D :lol:

Woo hoo, bring it on! Hopefully i'll beat my previous position, i have a few to choose from this time :D

That's a better website by far! I'm hoping to enter next year... Does anyone know when the deadline is? I think it's in September, isn't it?

From what I read on the 'grading guidelines' on that website (gets all excited) they seem to have moved them away from the fanciful gimmick style tanks where the plants are in photographed a week later and out again and moved more towards the aquarium as a habitat.

I like the way they say they will mark against fine white cosmetic sand. lol. Mine was fine white but its a much more natural colour these days.

Maybe a return to jungle styles next year? I hope so. Although mine will still be a mess of needle ferns by then. lol

Seems to me from their new guidelines of looking at the users ability to grow plants, position them correctly and have the correct fish for the setup that George may well be a frontrunner next year.

AC

I'm definitely going for this.
*Hears all aquascapers shake in their boots*

:lol:

Sure there will be a great turn out from Blighty next year.

I may as well enter and see what i can get too. not that i will even come close to winning....

Would I get marked down if I position my BBA in the wrong place? I can move it wherever I want by moving the hardscape around :lol:

I think my fish choice would definately get marked down. They are perfect the scape and the whole environment but they are never visible. lol. I guess you need fish that 'turn up' for the photos :rolleyes:

AC

My Bro had BBA all over his annubias and wood but it never grew on the gravel heavily. Personally it gave the tank an nice eary look and worked well in his tank.

Since he has removed it all and changed his scape but BBA in the right solution looks good.

Back