• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Are you entering the IAPLC 2013?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've just submitted my entry, was a little surprised when I realised its my 5th time.
However, this the 1st time i haven't used a 20litre tank, instead I've entered a 12000litre scape that i've been growing in secret for the last 17 years :D

What I've done with this scape is to use an inverse sense of scale. I used Staurogyne as HC, Giant vallis as Lilaeopsis and Bolbitis as Christams moss.
So in the final photo it looks exactly like a 60 litre scape thats been growing in for 17 weeks. :D :D

What I've done with this scape is to use an inverse sense of scale. I used Staurogyne as HC, Giant vallis as Lilaeopsis and Bolbitis as Christams moss.
So in the final photo it looks exactly like a 60 litre scape thats been growing in for 17 weeks. :D :D
So traditionally you make little tanks look bigger than they are, and now big tanks look smaller than they are.....i think what you need is a standard sized tank :) .....but where's the fun in that ;)
Sounds really interesting, will look forward to its unveiling.....you could give us a sneaky glimpse though?

Sorry, I must have been in a rather silly mood yesterday.
The scape looks exactly like a 60 litre because it is in fact a 60 litre, I just found the idea of an inversely scaled scape really funny:)
Although, thinking about a schoal of adult discus or angels would look tiny against the afforementioned backdrop.

Count me in - I've just entered :) Not sure if it will get through though as its been seen on web a fair bit ( at the top of this page :lol: )

Good luck to everyone, I think this year should have the best UK entry :clap:

Tony

It isn't the final full photo though Tony, you'll be fine.

I just cannot wait to see this.. :)

Yup, got one in this year. Actually quite excited to be taking part.

Entered mine last night too :)

Was too lazy to do another trim at last nights water change so no chance of it growing back in before closing date so went with what I had.

I think I'm going to wait until the last minute. The stems and moss are improving all the time. In fact I'm tempted to enter 'Scree' and enter my current scape in IAPLC 2014 once it's fully matured in another month or so.

Decisions, decisions...

Back