• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

IAPLC 2019 Results

I’m entering the next year, only to force me to take a final photo, but I don’t expect anything from it. The results around 1000 are inconsistent IMO and I won’t deserve anything below 750 which I guess is where it gets a bit more meaningful.

I'm surprised there are so few UK entrances, I might have to give it a go next year. Have all the 2019 photos been published?
Time for the scapebox Barbara. With any judging criteria there is always a difference of opinion dont think Amano himself always agreed with the winning aquascape. Congrats to all UKAPS entrants

Great stuff. Couple of questions...
  • Is the iaplc judged blind (ie the judges dont know whose scape is whose)?
  • How much photoshop is acceptable? Some of the images have that very unreal quality about them.
Thanks

Not sure about the judging, but it's no Photoshop I believe.

Hi , I was wondering how much of this is still relevant nowadays regarding the competition. Taken from the "Takashi Amano Nature Aquarium- Complete works" book.
6f4c94fe62dc9d2fa9f0f95b11727d27.jpg

My thoughts (although I’m not 100%).

They are judged blind, but the more well known scapers styles are easy to spot. So human nature means there will be a little thought positive biased to mark them highly maybe?

No photoshopping is allowed but many entrants will take lots of photos and overlay them to get the fish shoaling in just the ‘right’ line. No camera altering colours allowed. This is achieved by massive lights when photographing.

Others will be able to confirm or tell me I’m wrong....!

@Siege so that hyper real almost sci-fi style of the winning photos is done with only minimal 'post photo' manipulation? I'm not a photographer...

Neither am I, thinking about entering next year though, will encourage me to have constant attention to the tank. Also will give me a purpose.

Like to think I could get into top 1,000 but I don’t know. Will be fun though I think.

Have to get someone to take the the pic. My iPhone 5 ain’t gonna do it :lol:

Have to get someone to take the the pic. My iPhone 5 ain’t gonna do it
It's a lot harder than it looks and definitely also going to take some practice, even with a full dslr and remote borrowed floodlights I had some horrible reflections and the photos were poor at best.

I'm planning on getting a scape box, moving house in 6 weeks so planning a big rescape, it's always going to be primarily for me to enjoy looking at though.. I also don't want daily heavy maintenance.

I'm just pulling together photos and ideas.

Back