• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Id a bug please

Dohboy

Seedling
Hi all, just found this weird thing in my tank wrapped up in fern leaves, wondering what it is and should i be worried?

Attachments

• 20200411_203715.jpg
    20200411_203715.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 159
Thanks for the reply. Do you reckon its harmless. It looks a bit different than your pic maybe its just younger, 5mm ish long. Its strange its the second one i found. And i've recently 2 days ago dewormed the tank to get rid of hydra that i think came in on some bolbitis. So it survived being dosed with Flubendazole

Do you reckon its harmless.
If it's Caddisfly as per Hoggie's suggestion, some of your larger fish will eat it with great pleasure.
But if you have no fish at all, I'd personally keep it and observe the transition to the terrestrial form.

Last edited:
No real large fish at the moment largest are forktail rainbows and rummys. I might have to buy more fish so. To late i already removed it out of frustration. With the hydra annoying me then this. I should have put it in a jar really. Just never seen anything like it or anyother pest in the 5 or so years iv kept fish

Back