• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ID Help Nedded

johnny70

Bought this from an ebay Germany seller end of last year, was sold as Echinodorus latifolius, but looking on the net, it doesn't seem to look like what it says, it grows well using runner.

IMG_2841.jpg

any idea's or is it Echinodorus latifolius

JOHNNY

I don't think it's E T, the body of the leaf is too shapely, its an echinodor but which of the micro sword varieties it is I can't pin point.

I would hazard a guess at E.angustifolius. It's too large to be E.tennellus IMO. It could be a form of E.quadricostatus if it's producing runners.

Can you take a larger photo that shows the whole plant and whole leave rather than chopping the ends off?

Wasn't too bad a pic, just needed to see the leaf tips and whole plant.

I think it's probably Sagittaria subulata though it does look very similar to my E.angustifolius which was from Tropica so assume is correctly IDed!

I'm not sure Sam but I have seen uneveness on the edges of leaves in some of my Echinodorus before, even thought they usually don't have them so I'm not sure that is a diagnostic feature that can be relied on. It could well be one of the medium chain swords rather than Sagittaria and I'm afraid it's very hard to tell which unless you're an expert in the genus and have a flowering plant handy!

One thing I can say for sure is that it isn't E.latifolius as that isn't a valid species name!

Bugger, that will teach me from buying from ebay Germany:(

Thanks anyway

JOHNNY

Its not that, its growing fine, very well infact, I want to buy some more, the Ebay guy doesn't have anymore, so a proper ID would be easier for me to be able to buy it

Cheers
JOHNNY

From the pictures, it definitely looks like Echinodorus latifolius. What made you doubt its ID?

I just want to be 100%, the pictures of people selling Echinodorus latifolius(greenline, i think) doesn't look anything like what I have and I can't find much info on it, so thought it had another name maybe?

JOHNNY

I agree with aquaspot. I did a quick google image search and most of the pictures seem to match yours.

This is the photo I found from greenline:

4084.png

Back