• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ID please, if possible!

Myrtle

Hi, this is a long shot as the image isn't great, but can anyone identify, even roughly, what this plant might be? It's growing in Mata air Fortuno on Muna, Sulawesi and here is hopefully a link to the original image.
Screenshot 2023-01-13 083317.png

Many thanks and kudos to anyone who attempts an ID!

Hi all,
Even less help, but I used to have a Potamogeton sp. that may <"have been P. malaianus">.

potamogeton_sp-jpg.55639

It was a reasonably quick grower, and worked really well in tanks with lots of flow, I had it for about ten years. The down-sides would be that I don't know exactly what it was, I don't know where I got it from and I don't have it now.

The <"LFKC link is now missing">, but "Dee" suggested it might be P. malaianus, and I thought that was likely, in that there was research that suggested that it might be a <"metals hyper-accumulator"> and we had done quite a lot of work with waste water in the preceding time period.

cheers Darrel

I know nothing about the area but with hard water and the look of that, could it be the ubiquitous vallisneria? It looks like it grows more similar to that than eleocharis which tends to be less clumpy. The first picture to my eyes looks very like vallisneria as well because it's very similar to the eel grass we get around here.

Back