• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ideal colour spectrum

jh81271

HI folks
the ideal colour spectrum for lighting an aquarium? does anybody have any suggestions/thoughts on this?
regards J

hi george
I just wasnt sure about wether to use 2 sunlight aqua one t5 tubes or wether to mix it up and use 1 sunlight and 1 tropical aqua one tube.I find either way there is no difference in colour rendition of the tank.
The only real difference in the tubes is the tropical tube has lots of the red spectrum which i read was better for photosynthesis.I am just trying to get everything as best for the plants as possible thus the reason for some good advice!
regards J

hi paul
thanks for the thread guidance :thumbup:
I had looked at james cs experimentation on different tubes before but was just curious about the optimum colour spectrum.
I think when tubes need replacing lampspecs is the place to go.although aqua one sunlight and tropical tubes give a good light they are quite expensive compaired to lampspecs .And also you get to see what your buying with jcs thread which is good :thumbup:
cheers mate J

Back