Ideas?

Discussion in 'General Planted Tank Discussions' started by Ross, 10 Mar 2009.

1. Ross

Ross Member

I bought a 10x8x8 tank yesterday it holds around 12 liters I am unsure what to do with it I was going to use it for raising fry but the angels are being aggressive to each other so I was planing to do a high tech planted setup with a few shrimp maybe?What do you thing?

2. hellohefalump

hellohefalump Member

3. Tony Swinney

Tony Swinney Member

4. Ross

Ross Member

Thanks guys is a HOB filter best for this?And what output would be best a 60 LPH one?

5. Tony Swinney

Tony Swinney Member

The general recommendation is a minimum 10 x flow for planted, so for your 12 litres, aim for at least 120lph. I run an external eheim, and I think eden 501's are well thought of.

Tony

6. hellohefalump

hellohefalump Member

A HOB isn't such a good idea if you're using pressurised CO2 because it drives it off. But it works alright if you're using easy carbo or excel (liquid carbon supplements). I'm pretty happy with my HOB, but I'm using easy carbo.

7. Ross

Ross Member

I have a fulval 1 Internal filter on it its doing 200lph planning to use
    Dennerle DeponitMix Professional Substrate toped with some 1-2 mm grit.I have a 13w over head light coming too I have got the bug to set this up now I already have a 40 g In my bedroom :lol: