• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Identify these fish???

MikeG747

Hi,

Can someone identify the fish in the image please, sorry it is a bit blurry, they are not good at staying still. I have 15 of them in a 4 foot community tank and they are an absolute nightmare, each seems to have it's own patch of water that is its territory and attacks anything that encroaches. They were sold to me as Kerri tetra, but I am certain they are no such thing as they don't really match images of Kerri tetra and the behavior is off.

Thanks

Mike

Attachments

• 20190606_145935.jpg
    20190606_145935.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 315
Hi all,
I think they are <"Aphyocharax (nattereri) paraguayensis">. Hyphessobrycon elachys is similar, but doesn't have the markings on the anal fin.
I have 15 of them in a 4 foot community tank and they are an absolute nightmare, each seems to have it's own patch of water that is its territory and attacks anything that encroaches
They are known for being <"pretty feisty">. Apparently they shoal happily with Corydoras hastatus, but everything else they tend to attack.

cheers Darrel

I agree with Darrel and the "pretty feisty" bit is why I've never kept them even though they look nice.

Thanks for the replies, I suspected they may have been something different to Kerri tetra. They go back to the store we purchased them from asap. They are an absolute nightmare to other fish.

Back