• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

If you like HC, you will love this!

andyh

Whilst at TGM the other day i snapped this picture with my Iphone and it turned out ok.

For those who haven't been to the shop ever/in a while, this the end view of the 10ft tank which was scaped by Jim.
When taking this photo, I am looking down the entire length of the tank, which is all HC! Its so healthy its unbelievable ! The HC is over 3" deep in parts! It really has to be seen to be believed :geek:
web.jpg

Needs a good trim, really. Looks nice enough though, it reminds me off terrestrial mossballs.

Garuf said:
Needs a good trim, really. Looks nice enough though, it reminds me off terrestrial mossballs.
Yeah i think Jim has a ride on lawnmower! :lol:

Garuf said:
Yeah i think Jim has a ride on lawnmower! :lol:
Westwood-V20-50-Ride-On-Mower.jpg

Hahaha. There's so much of it you're probably better with a hedge trimmer!

Awesome!

It reminds of Amano's glosso tank series in Book 1, where there's a series of photos with each getting progressively more covered in glosso, ending with one big glosso mound.

If TGM let the HC do its thing with a bit of pruning here and there they could quite easily achieve the same effect. I reckon it would look brilliant!

Thanks for sharing, Andy.

George Farmer said:
Awesome!

It reminds of Amano's glosso tank series in Book 1, where there's a series of photos with each getting progressively more covered in glosso, ending with one big glosso mound.

If TGM let the HC do its thing with a bit of pruning here and there they could quite easily achieve the same effect. I reckon it would look brilliant!

It really does look stunning, when i first saw it being planted i have to admit i didn't like/understand it.
However i was wrong and just lacked vision. The tank now is really something quite unique and your right George the pruning they are making is only minimal and the rock work almost looks sunken now.

George Farmer said:
t reminds of Amano's glosso tank series in Book 1, where there's a series of photos with each getting progressively more covered in glosso, ending with one big glosso mound.

good scape that. If you look closely at each image, you'll notice that it has gone through some minor adjustments. some thing's aren't where they were and vice versa.

George Farmer said:
Awesome!

Hill Act, that's the one isn't it.

George Farmer said:
oldwhitewood said:
Hill Act, that's the one isn't it.
Yes mate.

I took a look through my books recently. It's very interesting how Amano's style and photography has evolved over the years.

I agree, and what's really interesting is there is a style there, there is some kind of thought process happening and pushing the boundaries, you can tell the different layouts from different periods for example. I've got that book "Glass no Naka no Daishizen" Takashi Amano's complete works, even though it is completely in Japanese and crying out for a translation it's just a stunning...stunning body of work with a real artistic narrative going though.

really? normally with that thick (3"), the bottom part will not get any light and start to rot and the whole thing will float. Any idea what is his secret so that it won't float even though 3" thick? ;)

Shadow, I was thinking the exact same thing but when I posted "I bet it's all dead at the substrate" my comment disappeared.

very cool. i have to make a trip one day down to TGM.

paul.in.kendal said:
andyh said:
The HC is over 3" deep in parts!

Isn't there a danger the whole lot'll lift off, then?

Yep, it did that yesterday...... Ive got a picture on my phone, but im having problems getting my house brick to talk to my Mac.....

It went up like some weird HC bridge...theres a picture of me with it on my head.....lol.....dont ask... :lol:

Back