• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

IFC Aquarium Fertilizer Calculator

The whole context: //emoji.tapatalk-cdn.com/emoji6.png
Just pulling your leg matey 🙂

. Even if you are a noob I am glad if you can use the new calculator. //emoji.tapatalk-cdn.com/emoji1303.png
I was lucky enough to be guided by @Zeus. when i first started the big wide world of DIY ferts and this time round I've also been very lucky to have @X3NiTH guide me in very fine detail my new regime, both have been an amazing help in getting me started, I'm honestly so grateful that these experts have taken there time out to help me. Time is precious after all.
So yeah still very much a noob but with the help of these guys I feel like I'm on a good path to understanding it all, my mrs regularly reassures me that it takes time to learn and says if i knew it all it'd take away some of the fun of this hobby and i guess she's right (obviously as she's female 🤣) Thanks to these two and this forum I'm feeling optimistic about my future as an planted tank keeper 🥰

Cheers all

I was lucky enough to be guided by @Zeus. when i first started the big wide world of DIY ferts and this time round I've also been very lucky to have @X3NiTH guide me in very fine detail my new regime, both have been an amazing help in getting me started, I'm honestly so grateful that these experts have taken there time out to help me. Time is precious after all.
So yeah still very much a noob but with the help of these guys I feel like I'm on a good path to understanding it all, my mrs regularly reassures me that it takes time to learn and says if i knew it all it'd take away some of the fun of this hobby and i guess she's right (obviously as she's female 🤣) Thanks to these two and this forum I'm feeling optimistic about my future as an planted tank keeper 🥰

Cheers all
Sounds to me you are not a super noob anymore then. Maybe an advanced noob? or perhaps a modest aficionado? 😂
Don't let my nonsense stop you. Go for it!

Last edited:

Cheers all
Thanks for your kind words, we was all 'noobs' at one time, I am a very firm believer in 'What one person can do, so can another' and 'Do or do not, there is no try', its just a case of Appling oneself. When I first started 'Olympus is Calling' the whole fert regime stuff was all a little 'OTT' for at the time. But with reading around and help from many people/posts we now have the 'IFC calculator' which hopefully we make things easier for those who choose to walk the path of 'DIY ferts'. If the calculator seems a little heavy or too technical its only because the user isn't on the right 'page' of their learning curve IMO.
Always good to help others as others have helped me.

I've now tried version 1.05 and despite the issues I have with opening the file (about which I'm communicating with @Hanuman ) the results in calculations that I am getting compared to the old versions are remarkably similar. It's great that it will now calculate for AIO and show the amount of Ascorbic acid and Potassium Sorbet needed. Thanks international team for working on this for us!

I've now tried version 1.05 and despite the issues I have with opening the file (about which I'm communicating with @Hanuman ) the results in calculations that I am getting compared to the old versions are remarkably similar. It's great that it will now calculate for AIO and show the amount of Ascorbic acid and Potassium Sorbet needed. Thanks international team for working on this for us!
Tried v1.06 to check if the error was still poping up?

v1.06br
MacOS Big Sur
Office 365
2 errors on opening file
(it does then seem to open after these)

initial error:
We found a problem with some content in ’IFC_Fert_Cal_v1.06br.xlsx’. Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes.

secondary error:
Excel was able to open the file by repairing or removing the unreadable content.

v1.06br
MacOS Big Sur
Office 365
2 errors on opening file
(it does then seem to open after these)

initial error:
We found a problem with some content in ’IFC_Fert_Cal_v1.06br.xlsx’. Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes.

secondary error:
Excel was able to open the file by repairing or removing the unreadable content.
Yes this is happening already with macOS Catalina and I am looking for a solution which doesn't seem simple. Look at this post of this thread.

Hi all,
v1.06br
MacOS Big Sur
Office 365
I'm not saying that I have an anti-Apple bias, but every time anyone comes to see me with a Mac problem (usually involving XQuartz and R) I hide under the desk. I know it isn't very professional, but honestly it is the best option for both of us.

So I think your problem is that you have tried to use your Mac, incorrectly, as a computer. If you had used it to wedge a door open, as intended, it would have been fine.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm not saying that I have an anti-Apple bias, but every time any comes to see me with a Mac problem (usually involving XQuartz and R) I hide under the desk. I know it isn't very professional, but honestly it is the best option for both of us.

So I think your problem is that you have tried to use your Mac, incorrectly, as a computer. If you had used it to wedge a door open, as intended, it would have been fine.

cheers Darrel
I find that by opening the lid just under 90degrees, then rotating the MacBook 90deg and placing it on the floor, it makes a very comfortable and transportable seat

Just for you @dw1305
CAF663C6-3C90-46B7-9AA4-A6A23BC0A208.jpeg

Back