• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

IFC Aquarium Fertilizer Calculator

Hello, will the program be updated as an innovation?

Topluluk Tarafından Doğrulandı simgesi

Hello, will the program be updated as an innovation?

View attachment 165223

Well it is nothing new as there are quite a few fert calculators out on the web free already, where it is different is it does all the calculations for all the salts you use on one page (which can be a little daunting at first) so there is no need to sum up all the ppms for the various salts for each element, it does all the maths, warns you if you exceed solubility limits. The cost side is new and to compare with commercial ferts is more comprehensive. Plus you only have to enter your tank size and fert regime once, Even does multiple tanks.

Eh, yeni bir şey değil, çünkü internette zaten ücretsiz olan epeyce fert hesap makinesi var, farklı olduğu yerde, kullandığınız tüm tuzlar için tüm hesaplamaları tek bir sayfada yapıyor (bu, ilk başta biraz ürkütücü olabilir) bu yüzden her element için çeşitli tuzlar için tüm ppm'leri toplamaya gerek yoktur, tüm matematiği yapar, çözünürlük sınırlarını aşarsanız sizi uyarır. Maliyet tarafı yenidir ve ticari fertlerle karşılaştırmak daha kapsamlıdır. Ayrıca tank boyutunuzu ve verim rejiminizi yalnızca bir kez girmeniz gerekir, Birden fazla tank bile girebilir.
Thank you zeus.

I have a problem.

My tank cannot use iron and phosphate in mixed fertilization.

I use csmb + kno3 mgno3 k2so4, khs2po4, axorbic acid and potassium sorbate.

What should be the pH of this whole mixture?

Axorbic acid lowers a lot.

It dropped by about 3 ppm.

Is this normal?

My tank cannot use iron and phosphate in mixed fertilization

As long as you add Potassium Sorbate (E202) 0.4grams per litre and Ascorbic Acid (E300) 1.0gram per litre of fert/AIO solution, which will decrease the pH of your DIY fert mix and prevent the interactions with Fe and PO4 and stabilise the solution ( and reduce the chances of mould). Once added to the tank the pH of the fert mix is relatively irrelevant adding a few ml to many litres.

The pH of the AIO mix will about 6pH as has been tried and tested by James Planted Tank

Just check you CSM+B mix as some do have E202 and E300 already added, so as long as you stick to the instructions you should be good to go ;)

Hi.
I’m struggling with a few elements of the calculator. What are you meant to put in “Macro Dosing Frequency/week” please as whatever I try gets rejected? I’m using APFUK EI Starter kit and doing alternate days and one day off per week. Also I only get the option to input macro details as there is no box for micro. I’m on a Mac if that makes any difference?
Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• A70AB4BC-240F-469F-AADD-48A134C71BEE.jpeg
    A70AB4BC-240F-469F-AADD-48A134C71BEE.jpeg
    864.2 KB · Views: 190
Hi, from what you’re saying you are dosing macros 3x times per week, so you’d enter the value three. The micro information is entered elsewhere as you need to choose which micros you are dosing as well as what EI regiment you want to follow. HTH.

Hi, from what you’re saying you are dosing macros 3x times per week, so you’d enter the value three. The micro information is entered elsewhere as you need to choose which micros you are dosing as well as what EI regiment you want to follow. HTH.
Thanks. I’ll refresh it and have another go. I tried typing 3 and it didn’t accept it.

It allows to to increase or decrease the weekly ppms of a clone.
eg. for say a TNC clone you may wish to do the 'double - triple' dose you may of heard of so that would be 'x6' so set it to '6'
you may which to clone a 75% EI dosing fert - so just set it to 3/4

Thanks Zeus.
I’ll keep it simple for now and just set it at 1. I suppose if the plants bush out and then there is a drop in plant health I’ll need tweak dose.
The thing that baffles me is, the recipes for fertiliser vary so much and yet by using the calculator we are striving the perfect mix. I’ll have another look tonight (I’m having to use my wife’s closely guarded work computer!), but it looked like a full EI dose was a much stronger mix than the basic APFUK recommended mix. Would you pros suggest trying the Full or half EI mix or just stick with the APFUK mix?
Apologies for the basic questions, I’m a complete novice at this!

The full EI dose is for high light, CO2 injection with a good pH drop with lots of fast growing plants. Which should result with the ferts still in abundance and the 50% Water Change (WC) reducing any potential build up of ferts or toxins (Dissolved Organic Compounds- ''DOCs'').
So even though APFUK fert mix is probably enough, if you are making the ferts yourself to go to the full EI dose isn't going to cost much at all, so you could play it 'safe' and just dose full EI dose. If using tap water in the UK I would advise the 'Clives dose' as your tap water should should be fine for Calcium and dKH, still add the extra Mg as Mg levels in UK tap water tend to be a little on the low side.

The full EI dose is for high light, CO2 injection with a good pH drop with lots of fast growing plants. Which should result with the ferts still in abundance and the 50% Water Change (WC) reducing any potential build up of ferts or toxins (Dissolved Organic Compounds- ''DOCs'').
So even though APFUK fert mix is probably enough, if you are making the ferts yourself to go to the full EI dose isn't going to cost much at all, so you could play it 'safe' and just dose full EI dose. If using tap water in the UK I would advise the 'Clives dose' as your tap water should should be fine for Calcium and dKH, still add the extra Mg as Mg levels in UK tap water tend to be a little on the low side.
That’s brilliant Zeus!
As always, thanks very much.

Hi @Zeus.
I'm remineralising RO with Calcium Chloride, Calcium Sulphate, Magnesium Sulphate and Potassium Carbonate to dGH5 & dKH1.
Do you think I would be better off deducting the amount of Mag & Pot from EI fert dosing or just treat it as a separate entity?
Many thanks for your time!

Last edited:
On the target calc, its not putting in any figures for how much Pot Nitrate to add
(v1.08 using Mac and O365 Excel v14.6)
:)

View attachment 169298
Your water report says it has 468 ppm NO3 so it has taken it into account and sees no need to add any salt as you are already above your weekly target.
1622022213921.png

Back