• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

IKEA Hektar

I happened to see one of these in IKEA a couple of months back and as it was only £15 I bought one “just in case” it may come in handy. I’m soon to be setting up another Nano so hoping to use it for that. It has a standard SES or E14 fitting so should be good for the 12W COB LED’s that you can get on eBay for about £3. They come in two colours, Grey or Beige and are around 100mm Dia and 150mm tall.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/hektar-wall-clamp-spotlight-dark-grey-90216543/

F064CCB4-43BC-4A7A-8A19-979F50F4CBC2.jpeg

I’ve ordered a couple more of these and also a 15W COB lamp from China. No idea of course when that will arrive so in the meantime I’ve managed to retrofit a cool white 20W board from a security light. I’ll eventually have two Nano’s side to side so I’d like to use the same lamp housings for each tank.

F2E324EB-CCDB-4509-8AD1-4C9E9D215BDA.jpeg

I’ve just done a quick sketch in open office to see what I can make in the shed using materials I already have to hand. The only thing I don’t have is some nice cable. I’d like to use some cloth covered mains cable if I can get it as it will be on show clipped to the bars.

4FF04583-9B9B-4F0F-8FA7-33899F841C4B.jpeg

The only thing I don’t have is some nice cable. I’d like to use some cloth covered mains cable if I can get it
If you can't find any in the right color, you can look for those cable sleeves they use in computer builds. Comes in all kinds of colors;)

It’s a bit tricky at the moment not knowing if you’re actually going to get online orders. Some companies seem to be offering as near a normal service as possible whilst some others I’ve seen have a COVID 19 statement on their sites saying they are closed until further notice. I’m still waiting for a few bits ordered on eBay.

Back