• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ikea

beeky

Seems odd having that subject line in a plant forum, but I've discovered that Ikea sell aquatic plants!

In the plant section (usually just before the checkouts) they have a selection of plastic sealed pots labelled as 'water plants', various species but none named. They say you should keep them in vases on the windowsill and change the water frequently.

Anyone else seen them?

THey are particularly good quality the anubius and crypts are particularly good they come in little claypots and are well rooted and at £1.49 a real bargin their vase vasen is fantastic to experiment with aquatic plants as
you can let them flower you can even pot up using john innis no 3 Iam currently writing an article for pfk using their vases and storage jars for fun ideas for presents the 4.7 litre storage jar at £3.99 is particularly good fun with mosses and algae shrimp so watch this space
the also come packed inplastic sealed glasses which keep them in good condition for anumber of days some aquatic shops could learn from this.the vasen vase is only 99.p the also have desk lamps for £2.50 so selling up a small tank with lights can be done for under a tenner
one of the best kept secrets for years
peter

anubias at £1.49, bargain..... anyone know what species they are?

Ady34 said:

LMAO ya daft bugger... read the date.. It was 2007 !! ;)

I bought couple of plants from Ikea (Leeds) about a year ago but for me they didn't last, I don't know what they were called.

Antipofish said:
Ady34 said:

:shh: nobody will have noticed my error :lol:

Ady34 said:
Antipofish said:
Ady34 said:

:shh: nobody will have noticed my error :lol:

I might be going to the Croydon one soon, so will keep an eye out and report back though :) I expect the plants are a tenner now, LOL.

eee.... the price of inflation!

Thought I'd resurrect this thread. Just been to IKEA myself and brought a very healthy and large pot of what looks like Hemianthus micranthemoides for £2. The range is called Vattenrall and is imported from the Netherlands...so hopefully shrimp safe too. See the small sample of what's on offer below:
IKEAplants_zpsa9eeefe4.jpg

Back