• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ill Rams, will be looking for a replacements soon, but what?

Jack middleton said:
german blue rams must be one of the worst treated fish in the hobby...these fish demand temperatures of 28-32 degrees yet nobody gives it to them...why?- because all the internet sources are out dated and wrong...i bet you anything that the low temperature is why theyre not lasting very long.
although some people can get them going at lower temperatures, there are other things that should be met too- GH lower than 10, PH lower than 7.6.
if you can get wild caught ones these demands arent as necessary, but if you get a pair that have come from a fish farm in the czech republic that are fed hormones and antibiotics...then these needs have to be met or they wont last two seconds.

You may be right, but how would I know when the whole internet tells me 24 degrees! My ph is about 7.0. GH not sure.

they dont make very good community fish, regarding the temperature requirements.

28 is way too warm for most tetras, tank mates should be chosen according to their parameters needed IMO

Back