• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

im infected....

Status
Not open for further replies.

timme278

well i brought some moss from a member on here, and was about to tie it to my driftwood before filling up to find lots of little bugs, there only about a mm in length so too small to take pictures of:/

how do i fix this?

thanks
tim

nope.... they look different to copepods on google images

they have like a long black circle on there back

curious indeed!

I'd try and wash them off myself. Put the mos sina pot and rinse it few with water a few times. Then leave it in the pot and observe to see if you got rid of them all.

Also I would ask the person you got them from whether the moss was grown emersed - if it was then the bugs will probably die off when they hit the water.

or did the moss come from a shrimp only tank. If that is the case and you have fish in your tank , then your fish will probably eat the bugs.

good luck ID'ing them. Hopefully someone on here will recognise them.

well ive just contacted the guy and sugested a refund were i send them back as its totaly unfair :(

:bored: just hope he aggrees

I do sympathise with you, but i feel its unfair that you are pinning the blame on me after you have had the plants for a good few days now, if you said you put them in a pot then thats exposing them, and therefore surely more prone to things like this.. i can suggest WORMER PLUS for the bugs, athough they are harmless. I either have two options that you have given me, send you some wormer plus, which then i will have to pay for even though this isnt my fault, or give you a refund and get the plants back after they have probably been in poor conditions since i sent them, so either way i loose out for something that isnt my problem, like i said earlier, there is absolutely no chance the bugs came in on the moss because the tank i have had them in all the time was treated with WORMER PLUS, to kill snails and other parisites ready for my dwarf pufferfish.

In an attempt to calm things down, as I know this has spilt over on to another thread, are you sure that they are not terrestrial bugs, timme278?

Dave.

not to worry dave, i have sent him some wormer plus out today, just to wash my hand of the situation, if it works or doesnt work, all i know is im having nothing more to do with it.

Dave Spencer said:
In an attempt to calm things down, as I know this has spilt over on to another thread, are you sure that they are not terrestrial bugs, timme278?

Dave.

there not them.... & im calm :lol: i just dont like being called a hypocrit when im not :/

and thanks to the mod who deleted the other thread :)

timme278 said:
Just been moved for consultation :p and take it easy guys, every plant I send out contains little critters in them and also snails and sometimes even shrimplets and some fry lol
These critters are fine in the aquarium :p it will feed the fish

LondonDragon said:
timme278 said:
Just been moved for consultation :p and take it easy guys, every plant I send out contains little critters in them and also snails and sometimes even shrimplets and some fry lol
These critters are fine in the aquarium :p it will feed the fish

ill treat it and see what happens & dont consultate it, just delete it lol

some of the small hitch hikers will be good food for shrimp and fry as well as larger fish.

I think this situation is poorly handled. To be fair it is the sellers obligation to make sure there is nothing harmful (whether these bugs are or are not) travelling in/with the product in question. It is then up to the buyer to check this when they recieve the product.

Nick16 said:
To be fair it is the sellers obligation to make sure there is nothing harmful (whether these bugs are or are not) travelling in/with the product in question. It is then up to the buyer to check this when they recieve the product
You can do anything you want and you always get some stuff in your tank, no one can garantee that nothing is going with the plants sent, be it algae, critters, snails, etc...
How did I end up with this stuff in my tank in the first place? Plants I got from online retailers, from LFS and from other people on the forum. Did I make a fuss about it?
I don't see a problem having thise little white dots swiming about in my shrimp tank, or the snails. Snail population only grows if you overfeed anyway and the same goes for these little critters.

This isn't really going anywhere constructive now. The parties involved need to sort this out via PM, which it sounds as if they are.

At the end of the day, we're all hobbyists here. When we buy and sell our plants it should always be in good faith, and in my honest opinion, it shouldn't be to make a profit. That goes against the idea of this society, which is to help each other out and to spread the knowledge of different plants which may not be available from other places.

Sometimes critters hitch a ride on plants and theres often not much you can do about it. The only thing you can do is make sure you wash your new plants well, and inspect them for things like snail eggs etc. If these critters have come on plants from an established tank, it's unlikely that they'll cause any harm.

Anyway. We'll leave the discussion there.

Regards,

Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back