• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I'm published in Pets Product Marketing

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team
There's a trade publication from Emap called Pets Product Marketing.

I've had my first article published. It focuses on the growth of the planted tank hobby in the UK and starts off with basics i.e. filtration, lighting and ferts.

Next month is substrates and CO2.

It's quite exciting as its read by mainly traders and retailers.

This means I may have some more influence of the hobby.

For instance this month included a nice photo of my 120cm NA and gear inside the cabinet.

I explain that a serious shop trying to sell plants should have a decent display tank and sell the appropriate gear.

Maidenhead Aquatics are starting to do this.

They are stocking JBL gear and mant are stocking Tropica plants.

I am visiting a new MA in Hants on Friday. Tropica are setting up a 1200 litre planted display. Hi-tech. I will be featuring it in PFK.

The future is bright...

Good stuff. It'd be nice to let the shops know what's going on. Hopefully, they won't be so terrified of someone dosing KNO3 in their tanks!

Aquatic Habitat near Gloucester has sold tropica plants for a long time and has quite a good range of CO2 gear, although the latter is more recent.

Excellent work George, its good that its monthly as well, as the hobby in the UK is moving so fast that a yearly or bi-yearly publication wouldl be out of date very quickly, good to have a fairly instant and direct link to the people who sell us all the stuff we need.

Lets hope the plant and hardware choice in LFS starts to get a bit better over the next year or so, that would help keep the prices of stuff down as well.

I've no doubt this'll mean yet more free stuff for you! :p

Sam

The future is bright.......the future is GREEN.

Congratulations mate, it would be great to have an LFS that actually has a decent planted tank running with the correct equipment on display.

Its called Pet Product Marketing.

Not Pets Product Marketing. :D

Back