• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I'm sick of these dogs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nayr88

I own 2 'chalkies' a mix of Yorkshire terrior an chuwawa(spelling?)
They are so loved and spoiled and not yappy in anyway, they have all injections and booster jabs they are micro chipped and wormed and walked Dailey! And they are nutured There are my big love haha.

BUT

I had enough with these dogs running wild with there scummy owners OFF the lead, every week at least once I have a staff sprint snarling upto my pups, my pups get scared and hug my legs and then the owner let's out a little chavvy 's'alright geez his all White wit other dogs MATE' and I usually just ignore there comment and push the dog away, it's not that I don't believe the dog could be as the owner tells me 'all white' which I think means 'alright' it's the fact is If a dog like that went berserk me ad the owner would not be able to get the dog of me or my little pups, or what abOut if I had been with a small child that would of really scared or upset the kid, it's unfair

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!! It's just so frustrating, I don't know why I'm posting this, I just need to vent my anger!!

My dog is insured, and i pay it happily, now this is my idea

All dogs regardless of size or brew nee to be insured, the more aggressive the dog the more it'll cost, now this sounds unfare on beautiful dogs such as rotwielers* and the few ruin it for the most, which is why if you make smart choices for you dog the insurance will come down in price, things such as havigthendog micro chipped and having there balls whopped off(by a vet haha)

So not I want a staff,
If I buy one, get it chipped and de-balled
All jabs ect
I get a better rate then a stuffy with nothing
BUT it needs to be illegal to own a dog without this insurance an f you cannot produce this to an officer on the beat or when your pet is I'll and you take it to the beta they should be able to hold the dog or give you a 7day period to insure the dog

Also should be illegal not to have a dog on a lead OR muzzled in a public place or park.

Haha a girls dog :D

I'll upload a picture there stunning little pups.
If a you need a mans dog to reinforce your 'man status' maybe stop walking the dog in heels an a dress ;)

Looks like floor cleaners to me not dogs :D. But everybody has different preferences so have fun with them.

Seriously guys?

If you havnt got he minerals yourself, I'm sad for you that a dog has to reinforce your belief in yourself.

I have a cat yah.. Bengal Cat

In the past my dogs were.. Great German Dane - RIP, Airedale Terrier RIP, German Sheppard 13 years old now half dead - living with Grandparents... I've been holding them at house with big garden for protection and as guardians those little pups would be useless as such. Also small dogs tend to bark much more than bigger dogs. Gread Dane is such a calm dog you would not believe it, aware of his size and power just do not dare to make bad move on him.

sorry Nay, i know how close we can be to our dogs. I have a 7 year old Lab. He's helped me through some bad times.

I also get you post about the 'hard mans' dog. You get them everywhere, it's time to bring back the old dog licence imo.

Just out of interest why do you use them as protection?honest question

I jut think, if you make is a legal requirement for all dogs to be on a lead in a public Place or yourl get an on the spot fine, also with the whole staffy problem they should be neutered and chipped.
Well all dogs should be unless your part o the kennel club and a breeder.

My two toy pups are cleary not for protection, but they are always on a leadbp protect them an any small children, they are nurture chipped and have all booster jabs, they had an operation on there teeth the other day. If you can't afford to do these things then you should not own a dog.

A few guidelines need to be put in order by the law to stop careless people getting there hands-on a 50quid dog ad not getting neutered and kept on a lead. If the melts walking around with such dogs where told about on the spot fines an then cost of neuturing they might think twice,

ianho said:
sorry Nay, i know how close we can be to our dogs. I have a 7 year old Lab. He's helped me through some bad times.

I also get you post about the 'hard mans' dog. You get them everywhere, it's time to bring back the old dog licence imo.

2nd that mate :thumbup:

Was there once license needed for dogs?

I'm on my way to gym with low battery so I'll edit my spelling ect in the post previous in due course haha.

I do not agree with anyone saying we should all insure our dogs. I have had the same problem as you and believe me living on a council estate it is a regular sight as there are loads of staffs and 'westys' round here. Somehow there are loads of really expensive pedigree dogs as well but I won't get into that. The streets and verges are littered with poop

What should be happening is not to penalise those who are responsible but everyone should have to walk their dog on the lead ALL the time. Doesn't matter if a dog is 'fine with other dogs'. doesn't matter if a dog is 'fine with children'. doesn't matter if owners are one of the responsible ones. No lead....No dog. It only takes one moment where the nicest dog in the world can have a momentary moment of madness.

And people should be penalised for the street soiling. It is still to this day ignored in the main. Not just by owners but by witnesses, by policeman etc.

So charge the irresponsible not the decent folks.

Should say I haven't got my dog anymore. Had to give him away because my youngest son was becoming more nd more allergic. Broke my heart but............and I always walked him on the lead even though he would walk by my side perfectly and ignore all other dogs (he was a greyhound.)

Andy

nayr88 said:
If a you need a mans dog to reinforce your 'man status' maybe stop walking the dog in heels an a dress ;)
You been spying on me :wideyed: .
Seriously though,my border collie feels more relaxed when I'm in heels and a dress :lol: .

My dog likes running around and sniffing stuff so I don't put him on a lead I do take him out at 5 15 so no one about for him to upset.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

It would be a sad thing to have all dogs on a lead in public areas. No playing football with the dog in the park, no paddling in the river and no fetch just because of some irresponsible people. It would be a terrible shame.

I have 2 ferrets that I tried to walk recently at the local park and they were very nearly eaten by 2 little terriers. No owner in sight. But it was my fault. I knew it was popular with dog walkers and that most would love a furry snack and I took a stupid risk. I won't do it again.

We should all take responsibility for ourselves. Dog owners who wish to walk dogs without leads should ensure dogs are well trained and not a nuisance to other people. If they do not they should expect a hefty fine.

SuperColey1 said:
What should be happening is not to penalise those who are responsible but everyone should have to walk their dog on the lead ALL the time. Doesn't matter if a dog is 'fine with other dogs'. doesn't matter if a dog is 'fine with children'. doesn't matter if owners are one of the responsible ones. No lead....No dog. It only takes one moment where the nicest dog in the world can have a momentary moment of madness

Andy

Good point, the line his fine with other dogs or children ist the point. What if my child isn't fine with dogs?

Sorry to hear about your dog mate, love those dogs...

Indeed. I have to pre-empt my children are going to charge towards a stranger's dog. And even thenthe dog is a toy and may turn that nice dog into a a peeved off dog. lo. Good point ther.

I love greyhounds but not going to post any pics cos they are all of him off the lead on the beach with loads of other dogs and loads of children around....Yes I contradict myself sometimes.

Andy

Yeah it would be a shame, the other option is to have an insurance or have you dog sit a test o b allowed in public parks?

It's hard , and it not nice to punish all because of a few.

Fair enough if you're walking in a residential neighbourhood but to say to keep a dog on a lead at all times is bit extreme. I have 2 spaniels and walk them in the New Forest off the lead all of the time like the majority of the dog owners that walk there. We have had one incident in 6 years where 2 boxers attacked my cocker and even though I think that the owner was irresponsible and should walk those dogs on a lead at all times I do not think that the rest of us (and our dogs) should be punished.

To say that dogs turn without reason, without warning and without any previous warning I suspect is a myth. Owners of dogs that have mauled people are often quoted as saying "but he was a lovely dog, and he was always great with children before". I suspect that the owner is at best unobservant or at worst negligent.

My springer is nervous around strangers (humans) and she stays away from them but we always have to stop people that are purposely making a beeline for her not to approach her even though we "know" that she would run a mile before ever thinking about growling and, heaven forbid, biting.

You mention children but they should be taught at an early age not to approach an animal without asking the owner first. I have an excitable toddler that is about to turn 2 and I have always taken him on walks with me, he loves dogs and he tries to approach them all of the time but I don't let him, if there is a dog off the lead heading towards us then I either protect him by putting my body in the way or by picking him up if I can see that they are a bit more boisterous. I mean it when I use the word 'protect' because I cannot guarantee that the dog approaching is safe so I assume that all are a potential threat.

Even though my opinion on walking dogs is less extreme than yours I suspect that my thoughts on the punishment for owners of animals that attack people may be more extreme; I believe that as the owner, you are responsible for your animals behaviour therefore if your dog attacks then you should be punished as if you committed the crime, i.e. ABH, GBH, murder.

I trained dogs for a while in the Portuguese air force, on the military police, that was where I spent my youth, so I know the damage a dog can do.

Now about the funny dogs people have on this country, those hard man dogs. Once I went to pick my daughter at her school ad on the corner o my eye I saw a dogue de bordeux eyeing me, his owner was not prepared for the dog. As I walked on the road, and saw the dog looking at me like he wanted business I picked up a brick. As I walked past the guy the dog lunged at me an promptly I threw the brick at him, hit him on the ribs and for sure broke a couple as he just dropped and wouldn't get up.

This guy looked at me funny, why did I attacked his dog, to which I replied that if he want we could call the police and have it resolved. He refused and tried to pick up the dog, no avail, the dog would not even move, too sore. Broken ribs probably, at least.

I felt sorry for the dog but it was either him or me, and a dog that big can do a lot of damage.

The moral of the story:
- you walk your dog, carry a stick, a dog comes at you beat him up, let the owner pick up the bill and that will teach him to control his pet next time
- a dog looks at you funny, be prepared, he may jump at you, move away or be ready in case it does
- any issues call the police, the dangerous dogs act is a though one to deal with

A dog can kill you, your pet or a child, do not take the threat lightly.

Most of these morons have dogs for image but cannot control them, sadly it is up to you to protect yourself and your pet.

---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back