• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

im worried about the angels behaviour

Ark

hi i just added my 4 platinum angels to the tank about 20 minutes ago
i floated the bag in the tank for 15 minutes then every 10 minutes i added a bit of water from the tnak to the bag
after half an hour of adding water released them and they sort of just sunk to the bottom corner
they are brushing up against the sand floor and staying in one corner next to the intake nozzle(which i dont want them to be sucked into)
they havent lost any colour but they arent swimming around either

they tank is 25 degrees and has ph of 7.5

ive turned off the lights and im trying to let them settle in..

does this sound wierd to anyone ?

is there anything i should do..

Well you need to take into account they have just been stressed, but it sounds fairly normal for larger fish.
Did you check your parameters before getting them? You have a high pH albeit compared to where you got them.
Probably just getting use to it.

Probably OK. When you say 'brushing up against the sand floor', I presume you mean they're in the normal swimming position (upright), not brushing their sides against the bottom? I'd be more worried if they're not vertical.

Don't worry too much about the filter intake, put your hand near it sometime, it's really not that strong suction.

Hope your angels recover and are posing for pictures for us soon,

All the best,

Mark

I'm assuming your tank is cycled?

Any fish that you buy and put into your tank will be scared and stressed. They've just been put into a cramped plasic bag and dumped in a strange tank with different water parameters.

Just make sure you have plenty of hiding places and keep the lights off until tomorrow and keep an eye on them.

its not something i experienced when i put my platinums angels in. as long as there not gasping or anything they might end up being ok.

I had the same issues with some angels at work. I popped them in and they just sunk into the plants. I whipped them straight out and put them in a tank with no co2 and they recovered immediately. I turned of the co2 in the original and introduced them back again the following day and they were fine.

i did a water test ph is 7.0
everyother parameter is fine

i let them be for a few hous with the lights off and then i just had a look at them now theyre fine swimming around in the middle to upper layer nicely

no gasping nothin

my tank does not have co2 input - execpt 1ml easycarbo a day

theyre are fine now when i get me dslr i will post pics

My Wild angels have a fit everytime they're moved. One will lay on its side and breath heavily for a day or so! After that it comes round and is fine! Worries me everytime though as it looks like it's about to die!

im anxious again woke up this morning went down to have a look at the tank and 2 of them were fine but the other thwo were sort of swimmin at 30 degree angle there bodies.

Ark said:
im anxious again woke up this morning went down to have a look at the tank and 2 of them were fine but the other thwo were sort of swimmin at 30 degree angle there bodies.

That's not unusual either. If they look otherwise fine then don't worry, just keep an eye on them.

kool thanks for the help guys

im just being silly theyre completley fine

they are swimming nciely alll around the tank

and they do play alot chasing eachother around, and they nice and vibrant

im gettina second hand canon dslr of ebay this week just to get started on taking good photography so the angels should be a good practice

any tips on how to take good shots...

Back