• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Imported needle valves?

Wally

Has any body used needle valves from ebay which come from Malasia or Hong Kong?I am looking at changing the flow in my 5 foot tank as there is a low flow area in 1 corner of the tank.My problem is I have 2 external filters and have an UP atomiser on just one.To get good distribution I have 1 spray bar on the left hand side of the tank across the back pointing forward and 1 on the right hand side pointing across the tank(right to left).With this set up I have a low flow area in the right side of the tank behind some bogwood.I have 2 1600lph koronas but no matter how I position them I cannot get flow to that part of the tank.What I want to do is have 2 spray bars across the back of the tank pointing forward which would improve the flow but with just 1 atomiser the co2 would not distribute to the whole tank but with 1 atomiser on each filter would and solve my dead spot problem.I have looked at needle valves on line and they are about £20 each and could get 2 from ebay for the same price as this.I am guessing that the retailers in this country get there stock from the far east but would appresiate some feed back from any one who has purchased any.Sorry to ramble on.

Hi, i bought an asian dual needle valve/ bubble counter from ebay, works great for the price. Only complaint would be that which the needle valve is nice and tight fitting the level of control could be better. Would recommend it if your just starting out and dont want to spend a fortune.

Cheers for the replies,I did order from AquaticMagic but after 4 weeks no show so I got 2 from AquaEssentials at twice the price which arrived the next day and have been great so far.

Back