• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

In-line CO2

PM

I have been thinking about getting an in-line CO2 diffuser, as it annoys me having to have one inside the tank (as my tank is very small).

Does anyone have one that they are using on a smallish tank (mine's 54 liters) are they any good? Any problems??

Also is it just Cal-Aqua Labs that make them? They are quite expensive :eek:

EDIT: Just found this http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yuh0gUDYpuo looks good. I like those rocks too!

Cal Aqua are the only one's that make an inline diffuser. There are numerous reactors available from this german seller.
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/aquarianerversand
If none of those fit the bill then you could always DIY one or use a straight through adapter the kind that have an airline on them.

Thanks u 2, they do look like good pieces of kit, but the fact that they make the tubing go at 180 degrees in my view is stupid. Loads of extra tubing needed. Would screw with my flow rate too much I reckon. I like the Cal-Aqua as I could literally slice my outlet tube and install it, with no ill effect to flow.

I would love to hear from somebody who owns one, I am seriously considering one but I need to know, are they really hard to keep clean?

Thanks again :D

Hi PM,
I use the Cal Aqua inline diffusers and they work quite well, however there are some ergonomic weaknesses as described in the latter half of this thread (which is about drop checkers but got slightly diverted to inline diffuser design)=> viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1560

They are expensive but are the smallest and most elegant of the external solutions.

Cheers,

Would love one of these inline jobs but just cant justify the expense, have looked everywhere for an alternative but cant find one anywhere.

Would get a reactor but they arent that great if you want the minimal look.

Not really having a great grasp on flow rates etc, would this be suitable for my 55 Gal with a Tetratec ex1200 filter?

Am trying to convince myself this is possibly the way forward after getting fed up with a seemingly huge rhinox 2000 diffuser at the back of my tank shouting look at me everytime I gaze into my tank!

I have just taken out my Aquamas inline reactor, to move it to a bigger tank, and fitted the Cal Aqua. I have noticed a marked increase in filter output, so the Cal Aqua has less of a flow restriction than the Aquamas. :D

Dave.

Dave Spencer said:
I have just taken out my Aquamas inline reactor, to move it to a bigger tank, and fitted the Cal Aqua. I have noticed a marked increase in filter output, so the Cal Aqua has less of a flow restriction than the Aquamas. :D

Dave.

Out of interest, which Aquamas reactor did you have Dave?

Back